• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round straw bales for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round straw bales for sale

We are no doubt the more fortunate breed of grain farmers this year. Just south of Swift Current, tremendous rainfall has left an abundance of straw to be baled up. I would probably make large hardcore rounds at about 1200 ibs each. Just wondering if anyone is interested in as many as 5000 round straw bales?? and at what price they may be worth?

I'm figuring your straw is probably worth about 30.00/ton baled if it is bedding straw. It could be worth up to 60.00/ton if it is barley straw or a pulse crop straw like lentils or pea's.

If I was you I would advertise it right away as I'm sure there will be a need for straw this year in many areas of Sk. and Ab.

Comment

Agri-ville just created a drought resources page wich includes a feed for sale and feed wanted list, follow this link http://www.agri-ville.com/drought/ scroll to the bottom of the page for the listing service. Also I know that Sask Ag and Alberta Agriculture both offer internet listing services. http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/store/haylist.html http://www.agr.gov.sk.ca/feedforage/default.asp?firstpick=Feed%20Grain%20and%20Forage% 20Listing

Comment

Hello, I live in the Sherwood Park area and would be interested in the straw you have for sale. When you are able to come up with a price on your straw can you email me back at laurasmai@hotmail.com Thanks in advance for our time

Comment

Very very interested in straw. Please contact pandiana@telusplanet.net. Thanks

Comment

Swift current to Red Deer Alberta- about 430 miles. 34 bales to a load. $3.50 per loaded mile. Freight cost $1500. Devided by 34= $44 / bale freight! Doesn't work out for here. Would probably pencil out for eastern Alberta or north of Kindersly. I'd ask $25 if I was you. I suspect there will be straw for sale in central Alberta in the $30 range, maybe a bit more. Am trying to line up as much as possible to bale but grain farmers are being coy, hoping the price will go up!

Comment

This price of straw really bugs me. Straw is worth $0.02 at most. that means an 800 lb bale is $16 and a 1200lb bale at $24. As I am BOTH a large grain farmer and a cattleman I know what straw is worth. On any given year I won't sell straw for less than these figures because it is worth that much put back in the ground. Then on a year like this, guys should sell it for the same price, since no real cattle farmer could afford to pay anymore. Anything higher you should probably consider selling the cows, thats my thoughts.

Comment

Last year I paid $10.00 a round, unsure of weight but good bedding and even picking material.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...