• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wasting disease

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasting disease

On the news they are talking about getting rid of all the deer wild and dimestic that has signs of this disease. Seem that they may be getting a little scared of this. But then it is only reasonable sense, they are saying that mad cow and the human form are inter linked, way not the wasting, we have been saying this all along.

I watched a news show last night where they said the deer population in Colorado and Wyoming had an epidemic of CWD. In Michigan the problem was so bad they were talking about wiping the deer completely out! How come this prion disease can run through a population so fast but BSE is not infectious at all? Or so the science says?
    Scrapies can "maybe" cross the species line. BSE can "maybe" cross the species line. How about CWD? If it could cross the species line what would it do if it got into cattle or for that matter humans? Would it be able to spread like it has in the deer population?

Comment

Could there in fact be a mineral/diet ling? That would explain the widespread occurence of a difficult to transmit disease. Especially if it's located in specific areas.

More research needed.

Comment

When the mineral idea is raised (which I believe in totally), most leaders discredit it. Ask yourself this, how can CWD go through the deer populations so fast? I don't ever recall seeing a doe chopping down on the leg of some dead deer carcass. Hmmmm....so how could it be spread? Sometimes simple logic gets murdered by all the 'science'.

Comment

1544: I am sort of leaning towards the mineral thing also...call it just a hunch but it makes sense to me! I wonder if there are any scientists following up on that idea or have they all decided better to just go with the flow? I remember that some big shot scientist at Harvard was basically pro-Purdy or at least expressed the idea that there might be merit in his arguments?

Comment

A few years back it was a bad winter and they feed the deer supplements. Yes you guess it, the rendurings of dead sheep, cattle etc along with the grain mix.

Comment

Has anyone ever said whether the CWD is just showing up in older deer? I've never heard one way or another.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...