• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shall we speculate a bit?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6- months. the beef industry won't exist is 6 mmonths.
    Again I say - The US is VIOLATING the NAFTA agreement by keeping the borders closed. Pure and simple.
    And again - if we chocked down the gas for 1 day (Friday) with the rumor that we going on holidays Monday. I guarantee they would notice Canada. Cowman would't be out rolaties very dang long. Further more, I think that an open border would be worth more to cowman than a couple of weeks royalties.
    I talked to a aution barn down here yesterday and he had a banker tell him that they were waiting for the first bank to close a feedlot so they didn't have to be the first.
    "when 1 starts it will be a snowball", simply because of trade protectionizm.

Comment

Although I have said several times that the U.S. is violating NAFTA by keeping the borders closed that might be wrong. I see Mexico doing the same thing to both Canada and the U.S. as well Canada has some restrictions on imports of American beef. They certainly are violating the intent of NAFTA if not the letter of the law.

Comment

Wait until the U.S. gets the new trade agreement with Australia that they're negotiating now. Beef and dairy are two of the items they're planning to let Australia import big time. U.S. cattle prices will probably take a big hit- especially the cull cattle market. What will that do to the Canadian market?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...