• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedlots and bankers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually Linda if they knew how their meat was processed they might all become vegetarians! All the things we hear about food safety is mostly drivel. Packing houses are probably more unsanitory today than they were 30 years ago despite all the new and improved technology. The line speeds are just too fast to do a proper job and the work force has become pretty well the dregs of society. If you don't believe this just go down to Cargill or IBP and have a look. Want to buy drugs...just visit your local large packing plant! It is a major problem.

Comment

Well, I tend to agree partially with you both! Food safety is a concern (at least at the Federal level in Canada). The provincial plants have a long long way to go .... YIKES! Our consumers today seem to be of two groups, we are seeing increased awareness of the how what and whys' of food safety and consumers making choices based more and more on this aspect and not on price alone. So called natural and organic sales are still a growing market and retails and wholesales are scrambling to find a supply!

Comment

Now valuechain you know you shouldn't be pushing organic or natural food! After all our experts have all said chemical/hormone food is perfectly safe! I wonder why more and more people aren't buying the story? Maybe it is because the so-called science is little more than drivel meant to sell the chemical products?
        Personally I don't want to eat hormone beef, or Ivomec, or roundup. Hormones turn baby beef into sex maniacs, Ivomec kills all the bugs in or on an animal, and roundup(preharvest) renders the seed sterile!
        But have no fear it is totally safe, we are assured! From the same people who tell us all this junk science about BSE?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...