• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFA Selling American Feed Blocks!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longhorn I have calmed down abit.

I have a question for you. If you could buy a similar product at similar prices the main difference being one made in Canada and one made in the States what would you do?

It does not matter what it is and quality is the same, would you make the concious decisiion to buy the Canadian product?

Comment

I'm not sure how come I got chewed on in this discussion. I actually never buy protein blocks as I have found they are an awful expensive way to feed protein!
      I will admit though I try to buy Canadian and particularily Albertan. Like to give the jobs to the local boys sort of thing. Is that so wrong?
      I'm not trying to tell anyone where to shop. I personally find UFA to be expensive and have poor service compared to my local Co-op. Now that may just be that my local UFA is poorly run while my Co-op has superior staff?

Comment

Rain it is good to see you have calmed down and brought yourself back to a professional level of discussion and tossed out the name calling. First things first. I am not a closet American. In regards to your statement about the 80% Canadian ingredients, I was merely trying to challenge that statement some what by saying that based on the natural source of proteins used in most blocks made in Canada, that these sources of protein make up more than 20%, and these sources can come from the US if they are not canola meal. But the key word in your statement was that SOME Canadian blocks are made with UP TO 80% Canadian ingredients. Therefore we are both right it just depends on the block. Rain if there were to products identical one made in Canada and one made in the US, I would by the Canadian product, but in the world of tubs and blocks we both know there are no two tubs created equall therefore I would by the best product to suit my needs. While I was gone yesterday I stopped at my local UFA and had a look at their Prostock tubs and talked with their staff about them. It appears that the company they buy them from does have a head office in the US, but they do employ about 2000 Canadians at thier Canadian production plants across Canada. The spin-off from that for our economy is pretty good and did you know that Candians are amongst a large percentage of the shareholders in the company that makes those tub products. You see it is not that black and white Rain, it really is a North American economie and idustrie. I am still looking at the big picture. Thanks for your comments. If you can proove to me that their is a pure Canadian block (all canadian made ingredients) out there somewhere let me know please.

Pandiana and Ouillett the UFA blocks have a gauranteed analysis and a list of ingredients on them which are all natural, Just ask your supplier for a list, if it is not on the label ,they have a legal obligation to provide the list of ingredients.

Comment

Thats right Longhorn Prostock is made by ADM in the US. ADM has facilities to make all kinds of products all over the world. Pro stock blocks are made in the USA with most likely 100% American ingredients, they do not eat Canadian Beef. I did some snooping to and talked to Uniblok Canada in Rockyford there website is www.uniblokcanada.com. They are 80% Canadian ingredients. And the guarantee all protein and energy sources are from vegetable sources. They eat canadian beef

Longhorn you still sound like an emloyee of UFA however. Me I am person who will listen to all sides and make my decision.

Comment

Just a note. 'All natural' in itself does not exclude animal byproducts does it? All vegetable would but I have never seen this on any that I have bought.

Comment

I believe all natural would mean there is no Urea in it for a protein source.

Comment

Rain it is unfortunate that you don't believe me when I said that I do not work for UFA. How would you like it if I asked you twice if you work for Uniblock and that it sounds like 2 or 3 of these user names in this website could be you.

You are right about ADM the chances of them eating some of our boxed beef that we are sending south is pretty small but we do need to remember that the U.S. were and hopefully will be again our largest customer of beef exports. Bye for now. P.S. it appears my passion is to get the border open and yours is Canadian blended tubs.

Comment

Longhorn there is only one rain in this discussion. I accused you of being an UFA employee so I deserve the shot back about making up user names. Like your self; getting the border open is important to me. I believe it is just as important to support those who support our livestock industry. I know US and Canadian agriculture are very integrated. It is impossible to be involved in agriculture in Canada and not do business with the US. However I know that we as Canadians have more influence then we think in our own industries. Making a conscious effort to see if there are Canadian alternatives for American products is the first step. Then and if that alternative can be found informing company A why you are buying from company B makes the political statement that needs to be made.

Proudly Canadian rain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...