• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

federal cull cow program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

federal cull cow program

The federal cull cow program no longer requires that the animal be sold to trigger payment. Payment will be made on eligble cows and you do whatever you want with them. I thought having to sell them was a good thing...get the old cows out of the system. Obvioiusly, others feel differently than me.

Just who was going to buy or process all these old cows???

Comment

If you have already applied to the province does that mean you automatically will be registered withe the federal program? The way I read it was the money will still be doled out through the provincial deal only now the price goes up to $320 and it is a 60/40 split with the province?
      I think this is a better deal all around because everyone gets treated equally instead of one province paying out more than the others were able to.

Comment

Just thinking about this whole thing I start to wonder if the feds have the money to make this thing go? And when might we get it? Alberta was supposed to start sending out checks around the end of February but I suspect it might be quite a bit later?
        What happens if we have no check by May when maybe we'll get an election? What happens if Martin can't lie his way out of the scandals and he gets the boot? Do we go back to day one?
        I thought Martin said all government spending was frozen a short time ago? Now has that policy changed?

Comment

It appears that the $320.00 is equal to the original $159.00 proposed plus the dollar per day for the max possible days. Also, I gather that the $320.00 depends on how many cows get enrolled. I sold my cows on Monday and with this change it appears that the eligble portion of the cows will possibly attract another another $100.00 per head more than I anticipated when I sold.

Comment

I am still wondering how you apply for this federal money. I haven't been able to find application forms on Agriculture Canada website, just that it is coming down the pipe, sometime? Does anyone know what the protocol is?

Comment

In Manitoba, if you are enrolled for the provincial program, you are automatically enrolled in the federal program.

Call your local provincial ag department.

Comment

I was told applications available end of this month (Alberta)

Comment

As in Manitoba, if you are enrolled in the Alberta cow cull program you are automatically enrolled in the federal program. No more forms to fill out.

For more information including phone numbers and Internet links see:
                  http://www.agr.gc.ca/cb/index_e.php?s1=n&s2=2004&page=n40216a

Comment

Pandiana: Call toll free 1-877-838-5144 or go to www.omaf.gov.on.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...