• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Come?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Come?

How is it the US has laws that limit the amount of influence the packers have on the market through captive supplies, while Canada has virtually nothing?
    Tyson/IBP got fined $1.28 BILLION a couple of days ago in the US for violating those laws and Swifts and Cargill are up next! Yet here in Canada they have basically a free hand? No wonder they like it up here so much! So where are our lobby groups? Why aren't the CCA/ABP pushing our government to bring in similar legislation?

Because we`re Canadian.......too passive.....We`re so smart we just sit around and `think` our way out of these things rather than actually doing something. Now the heat is on and we`ll maybe stamp our feet some more!!!!!!See you in Red Deer?????

Comment

Spot on Cowman, I believe it is crucial to the industry here that we direct all attention to this matter - these packer cartels have got to be broken before they break us all.

Comment

I can't remember either the CCA or ABP ever pushing the politicians on legislation for this problem but I could be wrong? The next time I see my ABP rep I'll ask him, although he tends to think I have some rather goofy ideas! I guess he tolerates me because we have been friends a long, long time...long before he became an ABP cowboy! I asked him once if the ABP stood for Alberta Beef Producers or Alberta Beef Packers! He just laughs and says don't go there!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...