• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old culls: No Problem!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old culls: No Problem!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I figure that given time, the old culls in my herd, will eventually all die, and will no longer be a problem!

So far I have lost probably 5 during the winter. Some had to be clubbed to death (no guns after gun registration) due to bad hips, others just couldn't survive the cold snap we had. Went to sleep and did not wake up.

While our government waits to see what will happen with regards to border openings, our culls get old, arthritic, sick, etc. and eventually become coyote food. Perhaps we could open a "self feed" farm for locals to bring their cats and dogs?! Sort of like a "you pick" farm!

We've all heard that "time" heals all. Well maybe that's our problem. Farmers just don't have enough patience to wait until all their culls die.

Have no fear. As fast as our powers that be are working on the problem, we will all soon have the time that is needed to take care of those nasty culls!

Just hang on a little longer I hear that king Ralph is bringing (DR) West back so after fixing the liquor stores and the D.O.T. and the electrical industry we can hope he turns him loose on the cull cows instead of the health care system after all what could he do to hurt the cow business anymore

Comment

I agree with you, the culls eventually solve themselves. We'd kept back our culls in the drought waiting for the elusive hamburger market. So, now we're working on our third year of culls. As are our neighbours. I just waited to be able to list them on the govt forms with a clear conscience before we started feeding the coyotes. Arthritic old girls aren't worth eating anyhow when we can pick some good ones to grind up.

Comment

I like the "you pick" idea, but it could be a "you slice". We just drag them out to the road, anybody driving by could just slice off a few steaks for supper. Put an old tobacco can out there for them to throw some spare change in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...