• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cull Cow Plants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, in Seabiscuit it was Charles Howard who was the owner and Tom Smith that was the trainer.

I think what inspired me most about the way Charles Howard presented himself was that he never looked to the outside for why something never worked - he looked inside at himself and what he could do. This was the case when he lost the Santa Anita Handicap the first time by a nose - it wasn't Red Pollard's fault, Howard just kept pushing. That is the hallmark of a true leader - you look inside instead of outside when things don't go your way.

We are severely in need of that kind of leadership now.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried TKs products? In my local Safeway they have some frozen meat in the organic section and it never seems to sell! The prices are pretty outrageous and quite frankly it doesn't look very good?

Comment

TK has a very specific program and they will be sure to pick who they deal with. Whatever they do they will always maintain control of their product. Collin and Dillon are wonderful people and have built a network over many years. How mainstream they will become and how wide they will be accepted will mean they have to change some things. But they will do what's best for their program you can beat on that. IF they build a plant it will not be one that is going to be open to solve the many challenges we are faced with in the industry today. I do say if since they have the same hurrdles to overcome as the rest of us and more since they have such a focused niche. I would love to see these people be successful as they have worked hard and are wonderful folks.

Comment

Cowman, I know what you're talking about in terms of seeing it in the Safeway. I have to say I haven't checked in recent months, so I don't know if it is still there or not.

If it is, then it must sell to a certain extent because the stocking fees that they would have to pay to Safeway would not be cheap.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...