• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bale sampling probe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bale sampling probe

can anybody tell me where i can buy a probe for sampling bales for feed analysis? thanks

A guy that I was selling timothy straw to had a home made one.Simply just take a piece of smooth iron rod,bend a hook on one end small enough to go into the bale and make a handle on the end so you can pull it out.

Comment

Try these folks. Works very well. Core sampler. Star Forage Probes. Contact: Star Quality Samplers, 5719-114A Street, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6H 3MB. Phone (780) 434-3367

Comment

Make your own and it will be much faster than, a standard probe. Use a 2 foot piece of 1 1/2 inch square tube cut one end at a 30 degree angle and sharpen the edges of the tube on that end. On the other end center and weld a 1/2 inch plate measuring approximately 3 by 3 with a 3/4 inch hole in the center. The only other piece needed is a 2 1/2 foot piece of 5/8 rod.
        To use this bale sampler simply drive the sharpened square tube into the bale with a decent sized hammer, remove from the bale and slide the rod through the hole in the plate and poke the sample into a bag or pail.
        We have found that this works much quicker and easier than an auger probe, after our neighbors have seen our system they either borrow it or build their own.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...