• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef production and the U.S. border

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef production and the U.S. border

Greetings from SW Sask.! Although I read the forums regularly, this is the first time I have gave my two cents worth.
    My opinion is this, as long as we have pathetic misinformed and pass the buck style people running this country, we are going to be continually sent up the river and left to either perish or survive! We used to have politicians in this country who gave a damn about what we as farmers and ranchers do , but that dissappeared about 50 years ago! I think that we have to continue to go after these export markets on our own and the hell with the Yanks. Lets face it if the Japanese want their beef in a box, or any other country for that matter, we damn well are going to have to do it that way in order to get through this. Having to rely on a country that talks with both sides of their face is like putting a fox in the henhouse!

Thanks for the opportunity to state my opinion.

Welcome Galaxie500. Please feel free to jump in on the conversation any time you like.

The more ideas we toss around, the better.

I bet there are lots of readers here who have never posted. It would be really interesting to see just how many.

Anybody out there? Please speak up. This group could be much bigger than any of us realize.

Comment

Welcome aboard Galaxie! Looking forward to more of your posts!

Comment

Hi Galaxie - you'll find that this posting thing gets to be a bit of a habit and/or depending on the topic - an obsession!

There are over 5,000 people who have at one time or another subscribed to agri-ville, so let's keep it going!

You're quite right Galaxie - nobody but us is going to look after us. It's time we stopped depending others.

Comment

Hi Galaxie - you'll find that this posting thing gets to be a bit of a habit and/or depending on the topic - an obsession!

There are over 5,000 people who have at one time or another subscribed to agri-ville, so let's keep it going!

You're quite right Galaxie - nobody but us is going to look after us. It's time we stopped depending others.

Comment

Hi Galaxie500. It is a habit, but I for one don't know what I would of done with out this chat line. I is a 1-800 help line. I need to talk.

Comment

Galaxie 500: "We used to have politicians in this country who gave a damn about what we as farmers and ranchers do , but that dissappeared about 50 years ago!"

What has changed?... and why?

Comment

Cedar: The reason the politicians have changed over the last 50 years , with the exception of maybe Joe Clark is because the people that are running the country are either lawyers, bankers, friends of lawyers and bankers or heres a real hot one , an ex minister ( Lorne Calvert) and the eople keep voting to keep these clowns in power! You dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the "you scratch my back and I'll make sure you get voted in" type of politics in this country. Thanks

Comment

Well that's politics? Always has been always will be?
                  Why don't politicians care about the farm vote? Uh maybe because it is really, really small?
                  I mean there are more dopers or gays than there are farmers?
                  I think the farm vote is somewhere close to 2%? Gays claim anywhere from 3% to 10% of the population and I'm not sure about druggies, but I suspect it could be substantial!
                  Do you know what the number one money making crop in Canada is? A crop that puts $8 billion dollars into the BC economy and around $6 billion into the Ontario economy? You guessed it...good old weed! About the last real free enterprize we have in Canada!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...