• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

www.opentheborder.com

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.opentheborder.com

Here is wed sight starting a petition to send to the federal government to keep bse on their minds. I don't think it will help the situation, but lets try get this idea out to everyone we know. www.opentheborder.com

I signed it and printed forms to take to town to collect signatures. Doubt it will do much good but might help keep the situation in the news. How about a petition to get some packing plants built. Should be a way to fast track building before we all go broke !

Comment

Noise is noise. The more that is made, the more likely our politicians will hear it.

This is a good way to involve our neighbours from urban Canada as well. If we all send the link to our friends and relatives in towns and cities, it could grow.

This is called lobbying, and it's something we are going to have to learn to do if we are going to solve our problems.

Comment

I've about changed my mind on the open border. Our governments have enough cash, we have enough feed, and we have enough market for our beef both UTM's and OTM's. If we open the border we may never learn how to take care of our own destiny and build an infrustructure to become "price makers". I think the resources are available to build our own packing plants, and take back control.

How many times has it been said that we can't ever rely of the US again. Have they not yet demonstrated clearly enough to us, just how much they need us?

Tere are enough open export markets for our OTM's to deal with that issue. And definetly enough market for our UTM's. We'll put a lot more future back into our beef business by becomming exporters of finished products.

Comment

Let's lobby the govt's. to open their pockets to develope a sustainable future NOW. I'm meeting with a Federal MP today from the Govt. side of the house.

Comment

You've hit the nail smack on the head Rusty. What we need to do is capture the value here and export consumer goods that are in demand instead of sending the commodity of beef away for someone else to reap the benefits.

As has been talked about in other posts - we have got to do this for ourselves because no one is going to do it for us. Adversity makes for opportunities and we need to capture them now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...