• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rusty1

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty1

Did you read that on January 1 2005 CCIA moves to RFID tags and Grandfathers the Bar coded tags.

Yes there is going to be a fire sale of barcoded tags. All inventory in the system is going to become of little value as distributors are not going to want to be left with usless inventory. More confusion.

Comment

What's the difference between RFID tags and what we're using now(bar code)?

Comment

www.meatpoultry.com has a full story on RFID.
        RFIDsystems are designed to automatically identify objects without human intervention. The components include a tag with a microchip,an antenna, an external reader, which activates or "wakes up" the chip, and some type of computerized data collection center. At the center of most RFID systems is a microprocessor embedded with a limited amount of memory, (either volatile or static, depending on the application) a battery or magnet and an antenna.Electronic product codes use RFID tag as the vehicle to store more extensive data about a specific product.

Wall Mart has just made a change over to RFID and their suppliers must compli by Jan 2005.

The USA is looking at RFID as their foundation for the propossed National ID program.

Comment

A suggestion to get everyone to read old postings to get a flavor of what people were saying about fall prices this spring. Interesting to compare thinking and emotions around market decisions to the reality when it occurs. One of the most beneficial things I do is to review what I have said/why and try to use these lessons to improve my analysis next time. With markets, I am in a continous process of learning - its what keeps life interesting.

Comment

Charlie current soy oil prices are still abouut 100 points under the the low end of the USDA range for oil and meal is still 5-10 under do you think this could help us out some?

Comment

It may longer term (winter/spring) but I am not an optimish short term (fall) unless weather really kicks. My question is how much of a Oct./Nov. canola program the grain companies have on to pull in the potentially humungous canola crop out there. Deliveries are likely to be large straight off the combine for cashflow/bin space reasons.

Comment

Most of the Road Warriors (grain company reps) I know say they have less canola booked then last year at this time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...