• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom Silaging rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom Silaging rates

What is everyone charging this year?
    I'm not sure that a flat rate of $6/ton is enough. With rocks going into the cutter and too small a swath etc, is that enough?

Thanks for all replies

When I custom hayed I used to charge extra for tough conditions like that-or charge by the hour.

Comment

All of our custom silage customers roll their land now. Each time we hit a rock and there is knife damage,the customer is also billed for knife replacement. As for rough fields...switch from $/ton to $/hour. We also use our own swather with shiftable table.We can lay one 21ft swath or if the crop is light I can lay two together for 42ft.

Comment

try this link...
        http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/sdd4318/$file/hay_silage.pdf?OpenElement

If it does not work, go to www.agric.gov.ab.ca select search and look for the custom rate guide.

There is one for SK too on their provincial AG site.

Comment

Oops...forgot to mention our rate. $7.50/ton

Comment

Here's my rates.
            $33/load chopping (660 cu. ft. hy-dump)
            $10/acre mowing
            $40/hr trucking
            One hy-dump load is approx. 3.5 mt of haylage (wet basis) and 5.7-6 mt of corn silage (wet basis)

Comment

I usually pay around $180-$200 an hour for chopping and hauling. Swathing is around $7 an acre extra.

Comment

thanks for the replies, very much appreciated!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...