• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quebec?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec?

Was talking to livestock dealer in Saskatchewan about the unusual amount of feeder cattle being bought by feeders from Quebec. He says they are guaranteed a payment of $300/head for cattle marketed in the 4th quarter of this year. Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking I may have to brush up on my French!

BFW, I am working on this question of yours and hopefully should know more next week. I do know that beef was at one time part of the ASRA program that paid out lavish subsidies to the grain sector in Quebec. I have posted much and with details about 10 monts ago on this issue.
    It has always burned me that Quebec has been been very geneous with their farm programs and then pleading poverty to the feds and wala, getting wonderful Alberta cash through the equalization process.
    It is my understanding that the ASRA program is no more (likly because of the light being shone on it by eastern Ontario farmers)but it has likly morfed into some thing else.

Also because of the ASRA benifits the banks where lending to farmers in Quebec because of the assured payouts but in addition to that the loans where backed by the provincial government. So the province would have been motivated to come up with an other program quickly.

stay tuned

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...