• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wintering Cows

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wintering Cows

Run 150 cows of my own. Neighbor has asked me to winter his 40 cows.From Dec 15 to May 1. Calving to begin March 10.He will have necessary feed delivered to my place. What would be a fair price to charge for my extra time and labour???? Any advice sure would help. Thanks in advance!!!!

I have 'farmed' my cows out for winter feeding and calving for the past two winters. I paid $2.50 a day plus $35.00 per cow for calving the first winter, and last winter I bought the feed and paid the fellow .50 per day per cow for feeding, and $25.00 a cow for calving. Feed costs are way down this year so I would think that the $1.50 per day range would be a fair price. The first winter my cows were kept separate from the owners, and this past winter mine were the only ones on the farm where they were wintered, so that can factor into the price as well, if cattle are separate it means more work feeding into different areas etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...