• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA to Appeal Ruling to Stop Border Reopening

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerald1: Re what would have happened if Martin had not commented on the missile issue.

My read on the situation is that the outcome of the last few days was known to both sides before Martin made public any comments on Canada's participation in the US missile defense plan.

It seems to me that that the Bush administration is not doing a very good job of running the country and does not have control of the domestic and international agenda in the United States. Bush's bungling of the US economy was widely known before the last election and it looks like it has not improved. There is no one steering the ship in the U.S. as evidenced by a mid level trial judge overturning U.S international policy.

Based on Martin's previous cautious support of missile defence, if the two events (Martins remarks on missile defense and the R-Calf injunction/Senate vote) are connected in any way it is more likely to me that Martin pulled the plug on missile defense out of frustration with what he saw coming with live cattle, not forgetting the other many trade irritants including softwood lumber, rather than the other way around.

Just my opinion, but I am convinced that our government saw this coming weeks ago.

Comment

I agree about the missle defense. People are saying the border isn't opening because we didn't sign on, but it's really the other way around.

In this case, I think we have an opportunity to take a page from the American books. Learn the game. The way the government runs down there is "I'll do something for you, but you need to do something for me." "I'll vote for your bill, if you vote for mine"

We've finally found something that GW really wants, and it's the closest thing to leverage we've had in years. Leverage is what gets things done in America. It's what they understand.

Sad but true.

Comment

Does anybody really believe Mr. Dithers is that smart? I would have to say great if he is, but hesitantly.

greybeard hit oldtimers excuse right on the nose. This backpeddling COOL arguement is as lame as the old guy himself. If COOL was implemented, this greedy, assbackwards, fear of the future, RCULT gang would not have held back. I really do not beleive that they will succeed unless GW has more of an agenda and uses them as a scapegoat again. Yes oldtimer, scapegoat. Distraction for the media, whatever you want to call it. You're wasting your money supporting RCULT because when the US government sees fit, your victories will turn around and your burial will be deep.

This one single Judge with a hard on for RCalf stopped things granted, posturing was obviously not yet complete. Everyone that would have known Cebull would be the Judge would have know the outcome. Any points made about his integrity or consideration of rules is pure garbage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...