• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something happening??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something happening??

Feeder and Fats are off pretty hard south of the line this morning, based on past history does this mean somethig?? It's crazy to watch this thing through the markets. Oh if only I was on the right side of all this stuff, same goes on the grains side as well what a crazy ride in beans the last few months(I know this is the beef side but it's all related whether producers want to see that big a view of the industry or not.)

Guess my question will answer itself today but it's interesting to see how the markets have often been the canary in the coal mine telling us what they know before gov. tells us. what they are doing.

A report on Ranchers-Net says a California judge overturned good ol' Ricks ruling. Initiated by the packers.

Comment

That should read " filed to overturn". It appears the USDA will leave the packers to do the dirty work. It's all politics.

Comment

The National Meat Association (NMA) is seeking to either overturn Cebulls injunction stopping live cattle coming into the U.S. or failing that they seek to create a level playing field for those members who do not have packing plants in Canada by stopping boxed beef that was processed in Canada coming into the U.S.

The NMA said its appeal demonstrates that its members have significant interests supporting intervention and asks that the court require R-CALF to post bond sufficient to protect NMA members from the devastating impact of the preliminary injunction as long as it remains in effect.

If the Court agreed to the bond the required bond would be in range of millions of dollars.

http://www.nmaonline.org/html/pr_3_10_05.htm

Comment

How interesting, it's quite a drama to watch but I would rather be an objective observer than a yoyo on a string in all this. So now with our luck they'll stop the boxed beef and then we can start digging pits(thats not what would happen however) but gee I wonder whether Cargill and IPB would want that or would they figure they've ****d and pillaged in Canada enough and they can live with it . I don't think so.

So now they're doing what I've been trying to figure out a way to do all along and thats see whether these slimy self serving r-calfers are willing to put their ranches and business on the line.

I've been wondering how we under free trade could take a chunk out of their hindquarters over this. I also read where the USDA is scheduled to appear in court next week in a story on another website.
          I feel like I did when I was dating my first girlfriend(not my wife now)
          she was a nightmare that played the come here go away game like a pro too.

Comment

How interesting, it's quite a drama to watch but I would rather be an objective observer than a yoyo on a string in all this. So now with our luck they'll stop the boxed beef and then we can start digging pits(thats not what would happen however) but gee I wonder whether Cargill and IPB would want that or would they figure they've ****d and pillaged in Canada enough and they can live with it . I don't think so.

So now they're doing what I've been trying to figure out a way to do all along and thats see whether these slimy self serving r-calfers are willing to put their ranches and business on the line.

I've been wondering how we under free trade could take a chunk out of their hindquarters over this. I also read where the USDA is scheduled to appear in court next week in a story on another website.
            I feel like I did when I was dating my first girlfriend(not my wife now)
            she was a nightmare that played the come here go away game like a pro too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...