• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying Canadian

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Canadian

I think a few months back we had a list going of Canadian-made equipment. If the border's going to stay closed a bit, maybe it's time to upgrade the list again, and if we can't buy Canadian, at least we can try NOT to buy American.

Just noticed the last 5 purchases we made were all (as far as I can tell) Canadian:
    Box manure spreader - Hagedorn, made in Ontario, and the best spreaders made
    Inline bale wrapper - Tubeline, Listowel Ontario
    Sprayer - Agrotrend, made in Ontario
    Disk - Ezee-On
    10 ton dump trailer - Agrotrend again

I know about Buhler as well, Houle and Nuhn both make liquid manure equipment in Canada, who else?

Let's go Canada........

While we might not have too many large machinery manufactures left in Canada, thanks to Free Trade and the Unions.....we do have lots of good smaller manufacturers that produce great products.

While I can't begin to be fair and name all the ones I know of, I would forget to mention twice as many. Here is an online directory for THE BOOK........its a really good annual publication that we call our "WISH BOOK" and usually gets well thumbed during its lifespan. MOST of the products are Canadian.

http://www.colormark.ca/~thebook/prodpages/2005product.html

Time to support other Canadians like we've never done before. The only way we can put it too the Yanks without having them send across the Marines, or to retarget their nukes is to support our own first.........

Comment

Other sectors could help too. For example YOU TRUCKERS OUT THERE, don't buy any NEW U.S. made liners untill you have warn out every last one that is owned by a Canadian!!

Comment

What about livestock supplies such as ear tags, feed supplies etc. Even pet food might be imported.

Comment

United Farmers of Alberta Prostock line of cattle blocks Made in America. Cargil Smartlick American, Feedrite Ritelik American, Cryatalyx American, Vitalyx American.

Canadian Alternatives. Unibloks, Agrablok, Championfeeds, Federated Coop. All these blocks are made in Canada.

Pet Food Acana Line made in Alberta.

Tell all your friends to not buy US beer coors bud etc.

Spayair sprayers and augers made in Canada

Besides doing this we have to let the guys selling these products why we are not buying them anymore, so they can let their suppliers know why.

This is as important as boycotting US products

Comment

"Tell all your friends to not buy US beer coors bud etc. "

Must be a western thing? You don't have to TELL anybody here, they can tell with the first mouthful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...