• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grass value

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grass value

I have some native grass in south central Sask. Hasn't been grazed for years. I was wondering if there was need for summer grazing and what the value of that would be? Could even consider planting crop land to annual grazing if value worked out.

How much do you have and exactly where is it-my email is braevallivestock@msn.com

Comment

I was more interested in what the going rates are. On per pound gain and/or daily rates.

Comment

Depends on the class of cattle grazing it-how are the fences,will they be supervised,what type of water-let me know what you have there.

Comment

I can't tell you what the rates are for anywhere in Sask but for some comparison, I'd be surprised if anyone around here (Olds, AB) would let their grass go for less than $25.00-$30.00/pair mo. An awful lot of cropland rents for $70.00 an acre...
          I think cowman gets more, he's north of me, better rain, better land?
          These prices are also based on not much, if any, supervision, fences, water, fertilizer, etc. either.
          Not especially economic to run cattle or crop unless it's for the hay export plant or you don't owe any money on your place, then you have a half a shot at paying your electric or fuel bill and not much else. Hope this gives you some idea and some help, good luck!

Comment

I recently bid a tender for pasture at 1.10 a day and was turned down. It seems two other fools are fighting over it at 1.25$/hd/day. Pasture was 5 months for 50 pairs with some pasture rotational pasturing looked after for the leasee.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...