• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Marcel

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Marcel

On a lighter note ... our old Limo bull Marcel turns 9 tomorrow, and today he passed his big test at the vet's and it looks like he just might see 10. He's down a bit from last year's 100% to a respectable 93%, but that's still pretty good for an old fart. LOL

If not for the BSE thing he would have been gone two years ago when he developed very sore feet from sand cracks, but we kept him home with the old dolls who were late anyway and darned if he didn't get over it!

He's a 'terminal' sire for us, and we don't keep his heifers, so how long he stays here is totally dependent on how well he works. In the six years we've had him, he's never thrown a horned calf, so it's been nice to have him around.

It would be interesting to know how many other 'grumpy old men' are running around in everyone's pastures?

And I don't mean husbands! LOL

kato, this time of year, there are likely lots of grumpy old men and women too running around in pastures and corrals !!! I was grumpy yesterday when a dumb cow had her calf in the snowbank then went in the shelter and stood their bawling for the calf to get up and follow her....in a snow storm !!
    The longest I have had a limo bull was 7 years, then sold him and he worked in a commercial herd until he was 10.
    I have two horned limo cows left in my herd and have used polled limo bulls for the past four years, and have not had a horned or scurred calf in that time.

Comment

Congratulations Marcel

Comment

Marcel...our 7 year old Hereford sire, Champion...my uncle's 9 year old Gelvieh, Jag.....the sole beneficiaries of the border closure :P

Comment

shipped Mark our 10 Limo bull this year, still have whylie our 9 year old chralois, and Larry a 5 year old limo and lucky a 5 year old limo.
          Will be buying a bull this year to replace whylie. you still got that 4 year old red black welsh for me randy?

Comment

I love those names!

Comment

Earlier calving cows are showing signs of heat. The only name for my old bull is "you stupid @#@%&*$#" !!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...