• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifting Calves for Weighing?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting Calves for Weighing?

I am looking to incorporate a simple but safe lifting mechanisnm for newborn calves into lift-corrected "fast" weigh scales, in order to reduce the contact time exposure, and so other work can get done before mother gets too agitated. This should be for around 100 pounds I guess, but I would like it to be able to be operated from a horse, a quad, or just by grunt work. Nothing fancy, just safe for the animal and the rancher. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tie mine with a pigging string and tie a loop off in the free end-if the cow gets starchy you can back off a bit but calf stays tied.

Comment

I use a unit made by 7L livestock.It has a scale on it and a little headgate and a unit at the back that makes it real easy to ring the bull calves.It is pulled by a quad which is nice so that you can always have something between you and the cow if need be.It's an awesome little unit.I couldn't be without it at calving time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...