• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions, Natural/Organic/Specialty/Value-Added Beef

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions, Natural/Organic/Specialty/Value-Added Beef

I have had many questions in the last several weeks about the above mix of products and how they fit into the industries future! Many of the folks that have asked the questions are being stuck in the supply chain at the packers and beyond as they see it.

It is very true that your product is in your hands until it hits the packer, however there are many solutions to this challenge depending on your over all goals and objectives. In fact many of the packers and retailors are willing to work with you to solve some of the challenges being bought to my attention! It is most important for you to ensure that your product remains consistent, especially if you intend to secure a long term piece of the market, brand your product or sing the praises of why your beef is the beef to buy every time.

The strong majority of folks I have talked to have indicated to me that they would like to ensure that everyone should be educated in what they feel are the strong points of their specialty area! Education is wonderful thought, and ever since I can remember the industry has been "TRYING TO EDUCATE" someone in the industry! We have many tools these days to do just that and some of the strongest tools are just now being developed. People these days want information, but many times get slick adds or small corner labels that look more like VCR programers instructions then information on the contents of the package. If you are going to move into the future and you really do want to provide a consistent product, superior to other products on the market, with educational information available and hold your market share over the long term then you must be ready to become transparent in every aspect of what you are doing. By this I mean utilize your whole operation and supply chain as a marketing tool, document everything, do not let your product leave your control, ensure you have ridgid specifications for each step (especially steps that you are not directly involved in yourself) Worried about being so open yet? Well this is what is being looked for, in fact after discussions with producers many have indicated that they would be ready to put their own name on the package as a brand name and stand behind it (with my encouragement). These really are just a couple of short answers to some very complex processes. They are my opinion and really should be tailored to meet your needs. Each individual has unique packages to offer the market and so should be looked at as an individual.

I applaud your efforts and remain totally open to your questions and enjoy talking to those of you that have contacted me. Please feel free anytime to share your thoughts, concepts and ideas with me or in these forums. I know you are not wanting to be to open about what your plans may be, but you would be surprized how many of you there are. I will look at anything you have and share my thoughts but they are just My thoughts! Good luck guys and gals, hope to hear from you soon!

E mail valuechain@home.com

web site http://valuechain.homestead.com/index.html
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...