• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Grain Flow Contracts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Grain Flow Contracts

Just wondering how many people tried to get one of these and if they had any luck? The producer car facility that we do our business with tried to get some of our grain into this program and could not. They are telling us it went real fast and that they only got one producer into this program. It's to bad as it seems like if a guy wanted to deliver into period three, he could have, and then had the option to price into next years pool as this years is not going to pay many bills.

was told by local Paterson that it was a feeding frenzy of massive proportions. Really what it shows you is the overall financial health of the industry.... That many sharks fighting for a drop of blood means things cant be all that gr8 IMO.. A great job by the CWB to create more disorganized chaos..

Comment

cherry picked 3 bigger producers at our local p and h

Comment

timm, exactly all point cherry picked the biggest dudes on the block and that's it. Even most of the 5-6000ac guys never had a sniff. Funny thing is the big dudes will not get done or even close.

Comment

The elevator we deal with didn't get access to the program for 45 minutes after it started. All of the durum tonnage was gone by that time. This program is a complete farce. What happen to equal delivery opportunities for everyone? The farmer business representatives need to be taken to task over this. I phoned the CWB toll free number and was told "it is the luck of the draw". So my neighbour is guaranteed 100% acceptance of his durum and I am waiting to see what they may take on the A and B series contracts. I can go to my banker and tell him "sorry, I can't make may payments, its the luck of the draw". Phone your buisness rep and your director as well.

Comment

What a joke we had tried for 70000 bushel contract #2 14 to 15 protein and got zip then tried for march and zip. The CWB can go to hell. What a joke big joke.
            The border and jail is starting to look good again. Its my grain but they control it.

Comment

This grain flo thing is a farce. Just keep delivering your grain.

Make the cwb say they won't buy your grain.

That will make an interesting court case.

The cwb refuses to buy western canadian farmers grain and won't let them sell on their own it to make payments or at the least sell the amount they don't accept.

You know, with the current contract calls on durum the cwb hasn't even called in any new crop durum. Its all technically 08 tonnage at a reduced price. They could have put that call on the 08-09 book for cash flow reasons if they were working for farmers.

Comment

HFL missing the grain flow doesn't mean missing delivery opportunities. Its the same as it was Before, just sign up on A before Oct 31 . The guy with the grain flow will not get to deliver any more than you.

Comment

Bucket your correct they are selling our 08 that we were forced to keep back at a discount this year to our preferred top paying customers. HM wounder who wins with the CWB.
                  Answer Not farmers. Come on mustard.

Comment

Are those who 'Stored over', getting the grain flow contracts? Do they get special delivery privileges at harvest time to free their bins?? What a sad trick.

Comment

there is difference, i deliver my regular a series on a contract call next May, but i get no storage premium, the lottery winner does....this is just plain bull......give us a free market, these half measures please no one

Comment

Got our two piles 30,000bu, on grain flo for Jan-Feb no problem. Looks like that extra 50 cents a litre paid for glyphosate this spring paid off. BTW we're under 3,000ac.

Comment

It was like hundreds of rats running after a few kernels of grain. What a waste of time for producers and grain companies. It is beyond me why the CWB would run a program like this that only makes them look bad. In my mind it is one more reason why the boards should go. 700,000 T of CWRS spread over the west - why even bother with the program. I have talked to numerous line companies who are very disappointed with the program although Cargill seemed quite happy with the outcome for their company. Certainly makes me wonder if who you knew might have helped your chances. I would like to see a break down of the number of contracts and total tons by location. The CWB stinks.

Comment

here at Swift Current one location got 1 customer on the durum program... No other companies that anyone knew of received any.. In case you didnt know this is the heart of the durum growing region.. Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmmm

Comment

Mustard Man.....I think you need to study the program. Those people that got into the program are garenteed 100 percent delivery of whatever tonnes they offered in the second, third and fourth delivery period. My neighbour will get to deliver 2000 tonnes of durum in Jan and Feb. At this point I am garenteed nothing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...