• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We may be done now.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there anyone or anything that doesn't piss you off sask3

Comment

Sk Crop Report out today says that 60% of canola combined on avg across the province. Let me word it a different way, 40% is STILL OUT IN THE FIELD!!! and it's OCTOBER 7th!!!! and WET and COLD.

http://www.gov.sk.ca/news?newsId=d78992b4-976a-4262-8da1-ea2a410d1cf8

Comment

Well lets see stubble what doesn't PS me off and what I like. Sun, Beach, water skiing, skiing, No CWB, Real reports not BS, Strait shooters no sugar coating, Politicians that say what they mean, Puppies, Football, Disney land and world, Family and good friends and neighbors, Old Chevy cars, Freshly pushed bush smell, and finally life, why do what has been done before lets stir the pot and see what happens, Have a good one! ha ha ha ha.

Comment

Ground white this morning.Calling for 6 inches tonight.950 ac canola left,130 annual ryegrass,and a quarter of wheat that I am off to try to cut down before it gets flattened...

Comment

Look's like winter here 2" on the ground and still snowing.

Comment

I would say in the n.e,Tisdale Melfort Nipawin area that 40% of crop out would be about right.With mostly canola oats some wheat and all the flax still out.Flax will be the problem, there is still some green in it and that crop is difficult to handle in good conditions let alone adverse conditions.I have 200 acres that iam not looking forward to.I don't know why I even grew the stuff,its not like the world needed more flax.Even if we manage to go thru the difficulties of harvesting this fall, can you sell the stuff?maybe we should we save ourselves the grief and aggravation and combine in spring!With any luck mother nature will make choice for us.

Comment

Drive from Red Deer via Provost, Kindersley, Rosetown to Swift Current. Seems like about an equal amount of Canola and AD still out with a bit of spr wht. Didn't see any barley but may have missed it. I think mostly later seeded maybe the best crops.
                I won't take a stab at % hard to tell at 110KM.

PS: SF3 Sounds like your in wrong profession. Username should be HUHEFNR. LOL.

Comment

Has anyone ever, in their years, seen freeze-up come as early as mid Oct? Here in SESK we don't expect freeze-up much before Nov.11th, but in saying that, it's rare to go much later than the 11th.

Could freeze-up occur (with no snow on the ground)with a week of lows ranging -6 to -11 and highs ranging 2 to 4?? That's what our forecast is.

Comment

I suspect freeze-up may be faster in those temperatures when the soil is wet as well. ie. 50mm of rain in much of south SK.

Comment

As far as long range, what did WORLD Weather say about Sept 25Th that might have helped us? Any one have an email? Accuweather and Weather Network have been right on for the past week.

World Weather Inc: A reinforcing shot of cold air will debut across the prairie tonight and Thursday in Alberta and western Saskatchewan. The cold will induce a new round of light snowfall and breezy conditions. The snow and wind will shift into Saskatchewan Thursday and Friday with conditions slowly improving during the day Saturday. Snow will be possible throughout the period from Thursday night into Saturday and accumulations will range from a dusting to 3 centimeters most often with few pockets of snowfall as great as 5 centimeters. The greatest snowfall is still expected near and northeast of Highway 16 in Saskatchewan. Manitoba’s mix of rain and snow expected tonight will likely switch mostly to snow Thursday with it prevailing Friday before diminishing Saturday. Snow accumulation of 1 to 5 centimeters is expected with many areas getting less than 2 centimeters. The exception may be near the Interlake region where some locally heavy snowfall is possible. Alberta and southwestern Saskatchewan will be free and clear of significant precipitation Friday through Sunday. Northeastern Saskatchewan may experience snow at various times through the weekend with Monday and Tuesday still vulnerable to slight snow and snow flurries.

Comment

Most of farming, is based on BULL, and there is nothing that can be done about it. The city folks are just ignorant about farming in general, and could care less, providing the price of the flakes doesn't rise any more. That's is why they are all askin are yu done yet. Makes them feel like they know somethin about farming. Then there is the sell or marketing of the crop, grading mor BULL, done by kids whse uncle once owned a farm. Most can hardly tell wht from barley er oats. Sign a bunch of contract why don't yea, sell the opine market, get yur cash quick and run the the bank to squirrel it away. Got mine, ta heck with everyone else. Farming is fun!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...