• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soy and corn moving up. Dollar up this AM!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soy and corn moving up. Dollar up this AM!

http://www2.barchart.com/mktcom.asp?section=grains

dollar is moving higher at 1usd = 1.0339 Canadian.

Americans chatter this morning is all over the mark.
    Reality is it got really cold over the weekend and it was deep into the US. They are talking like most companies and farmers in 02 and 04 "no it didn't freeze on my farm" or "it was just a light frost" or heavy rain doesn't affect our crop at all" Its the deer in the headlights. Sad reality the numbers wont show up till Dec report.

This is exactly what it is like chatting with americans on websites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZpjtagJ-0w

Comment

Wheat should follow the other markets higher this morning, though the market is still reeling from Friday’s bearish USDA supply and demand report.

U.S. export hopes took a gut punch over the weekend when Canada won a high protein wheat tender for 20 million bushels from Saudi Arabia

Futures on milling quality wheat are sharply higher in Europe today, gaining more than 1%.
      Does this mean our beloved CWB actually got us a decent price for grain that has a place. High protien good quality. Oh wait its the CWB probably gave it away. YEA YEA>

Comment

Is this high protein wheat from last year? I doubt that the is even going to be 20 mill bus of high protien wheat in all of western Canada from this year.

Comment

Most of the areas that are getting less than average yield are all high protein. That is a large part of Alberta and Western Sask. Almost no low protein wheat here in central ab.

Comment

Poor crops or crops on lighter land have 14% to 15% Protein but the majority in NW manitoba have 12 to 13%.
            Quality very good low ergot.

Comment

For those with high protein I hope the borg does not screw up again - payments should be good from what I read. I know our 10.5 protein is going to be well south of $5.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...