• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the large basis in CWSWS wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the large basis in CWSWS wheat?

As of yesterday not counting the price increase today. Chicago wheat at 5.11 per bushel USA dollars. CWB fixed price is 4.33 per bushel minus 1.7 to get my farm gate price at 2.63 for high quality CWSWS wheat. So with Dec. Chicago at 5.27 Canadian and July Chicago at 5.72 Canadian. We are minus 2.77 Canadian per bushel basis Dec. and minus 3.22 Canadian per bushel basis July. Even the Ethanol non food grade has not slipped to below the CWB's fixed price or pro forecast.

Is this wheat we have just totally unsalable for export? What I have in my bins is very good looking stuff would appear to be the best of quality.

Ok I must subtract 13 cents per bushel adjustment factor from the 2.77 and 3.22 basis numbers. The wheat board or directors should be giving us an explanation of this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...