• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow again in Regina!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow again in Regina!

Well its early morning in Regina and guess what its white again. Streets and lawns white. Not as much as last week but dam its getting discouraging.
    Yesterdays tour of duty showed their is crop out in the field surprise is how much but also whats left. Example
    Davidson thick HRS. PA Every thing. Humboldt, Watrous, Foam-Lake Canola. It does seem that north of Highway 16 has definitely the most out. But the Qu'Appelle Valley to 16 also has crop out. Counted from Elfros to Fort 128 Quarters (along the highway 1 mile out) unharvested in that one hour drive. Most people feel we will get one more shot at this crop, but you can here a general worry in their voice. Even 40 to 50 canola in field at $8.50 is scary because its feed come spring.
    Oats in swaths is white in most areas and will have a hard time to get the snow off if we don't get any warm weather. Don't line up and give them your oats that's in the bin make them pay. Flax is the sacrificial lamb. Europe is playing games and stopping sales so if their is one crop to stay that's it.
    We have lots of snow compared to most so will definitely need till Monday before trying but the dryer is ready and propane is in yard. Now we just need a little cooperation from mother nature. Hm as I always say the best man made plans in the world are worthless in farming unless mother nature cooperates.

had 4-5" of wet snow yesterday! we have missed most of the moisture since the big rain(1.5") on Oct.1st, and were hoping to get going by the end of this week, but I think after yesterday, anything in the swath will be staying out over winter. I'd say, a least in the area = south of #1 and east of #47 maybe even east of #39. Standing crop still might have a chance. IMHO

Comment

Can you dry Mustard?

Comment

http://webcam.cap.estevan.sk.ca/

user: public
        password: public

Comment

The light snow last night turned into heavy, wet, soaking, melting snow. This ain't good at all. I know it was only the begining of Oct. when this started but for some starting by 25th is going to be a fairy tail at best now. I know of four guys localy who have at least a mill$ worth of Canola sittin out yet. Hopefully in a week things turn around, but man the harvest window is slammed shut for a while, again!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...