• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone combine this weekend?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun out east central sask trying light dryer clear sky and windy will try later this afternoon clouds to west

Comment

Hi Blue, getting that shower here also, big drops. On the plus side have a SuperB SQ16D dryer on order, hope to have it in a week.

Comment

Pouring here now.Saw lots of mud and tracks from last night's combining before this rain. Next week W N says NULL drying index! Hope you miss this rain or we're all SOL.

Comment

16.8 1.30 then frucki ng rain

Comment

Road to flax field is wet but fields don't seem to bad. Stated to shower before I got back to get the combine.West side of Lake Diefenbaker.

Comment

No rolling today. First drizzle then pouring rain. No rolling for awhile now!

Comment

Combined 2000 bushels of damp canola then rained at 3pm. O well was needing a break anyways. Lots of time to dry it now. Only 2250ac to go, at 40 acres a day that will take a while.

Comment

Canola 13% this afternoon. If the sun had come out like forecast, maybe could have done more, but straw is like a rag. Did one hopper - cost 1 rotor belt ($685) and one rear beater belt ($200). Wasn't worth the cost of repairs and frustration.

Comment

Did my 15 ac of standing barley around my yard today. i imagine it tests 18 to 20 moisture with kochia in it. Over half the barley has shelled/broken off by now.

This is first time I have combined since Sept. 30,Craik area.

Comment

Did 600 bushels of 14 moisture canola before more rain. Maybe november will be better.

Comment

Carlyle/Arcola.... 2500 bushels of flax since mid
                        2:30.

So windy it tested dry about 5 Pm... rained out at

Kodiak... I burned a rear discharge belt in dry
                        canola... testing 7.3... and had a 5 hour unplug of
                        the discharge beater....

What a harvest!!... Bill

Comment

Started again Thurs. afternoon
                          22% moisture durum finished quarter lighter land
                          noon Sat 25% Durum heavy crop slow going
                          Noon Sunday rented neighbours grain bagger, as we are getting worried about the volumes we can dry in a timely manner

How much can you dry down in one go?
                          We are thinking four points a go

Seems like the quality is staying and with a little drying and blending we should be alright.
                          hope by the time we are done the cereals the oil seeds will be close

Comment

Gustgd I won't tell the local elevator that your putting the bad stuff on the bottom of the probed truck. These are tuff times.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...