• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather from Hell!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather from Hell!

OK this has got to be the worst harvest our farm has seen in its history. Two years out of close to 100 we have had crop out all winter. Will 2009 be a year like that again. The morning weather forecast looks like a week of plain crappy weather no heat and chance of rain events then a nice day and back again. Next week 28 to 29 major event seems in the making.
    Why is it important to get the crop off, well its worthless in field, Sask-Crop insurance takes forever to get you any money, And since its an average guess what you have no Crop insurance. The USA is also in a bit of a pickle, today's report will show the slowest harvest in over 30 years for this time of year.
    Simply like one guys says in this forum, If it flows it goes. That is the reality of it now. We are starting today even if it was testing 16 to best 15.5 yesterday, bagging it and drying later. All winter to dry but if the 28 is a major snow event we wont have any harvest left after than mother nature will end the season.
    Giver ship boys giver.

Propane or Nat. gas will be at a premium now. Whats that stuff cost now anyway? We haven't filled for 3 years

Comment

http://charts3.barchart.com/chart.asp?vol=Y&jav=adv&grid=Y&divd=Y&org=stk&sym= NGX9&data=H&code=BSTK&evnt=adv

The volume is scary.Price jump coming?

Comment

The last fill we did was 1996 but we will find out today, truck on the way. My god to all that said we would have time and its only early October gee some years crap does hit welcome to 2009. Mother nature always wins farmers are at her mercy.

Comment

You fellows have indeed been lucky , we dry wheat almost EVERY year at the start of harvest. It ALWAYS rains, 7 out of 10 years in this area. For 35 years its been a race against rain! Maybe 5 have been perfect harvests.Only 2 years since 1978 have we setup the dryer and NOT used it.In 1986 we paid for the Nat gas line in that ONE harvest, the diff between nat gas and propane cost at that time. Ya it's crap, but nothing new.

Comment

Mother nature is a cruel mistress.

Comment

Father Time strays?

Comment

on way to stoon for parts for dryer not one guy going all the way here.

Comment

30% chance of rain today. AND it RAINED! I'd hate to see it if it was 90% chance.

Comment

Swaths here were still soaked, I do not know if they will dry out for a while. Showers still in the forecast evry 3 days.

Comment

It's a long frustrating harvest for me but I've had worse. At least we're not working in mud yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...