• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to say, "well at least we're not trying to get the crop off in the mud". Well as of the last couple of days now we are. Maybe the ground will dry up again enough to get the soybeans off but it could be that we'll be waiting for a hard frost now and praying it doesn't snow.

Comment

Is deception and lying against AV rules? lolololololol

Comment

sumdum, email me,will you, as yours is disappeared from my address book. I have a question about lentils. pars

Comment

Ahhh well. Got corn coming off in Ontario that has to be combined, over 40% moisture, $40-45/tonne in drying charges. Know one farm here that had corn contracted to an ethanol plant for October delivery, they've been combining 40% corn in the rain the last two days, dryer going just to get it dry enough for the plant to take it and they'll take HM corn.

Still, may not be as bad as 92 when we were taking off 35% corn on Christmas Eve.

Had about a quarter of our corn out last winter, finally got it off May 25, about 90% of yield left, completely dry, good quality, no-tilled soybeans right behind the combine.

Course those soybeans are still out there in the mud now.

Comment

Any tricks you guys use to get those soybeans off in the mud?

I'm using a JD 930 flexheader and it seems like you need a certain amount of dry or frozen dirt for the thing to work properly.

Comment

Parsley- got your phone - will call you

Comment

The fat lady isn't singing yet, but is exercising her vocal chords. I still have 500 acres of sort of standing wheat left, so not a happy camper either. There is still hope it will smarten up!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Should have ethanol plant at near south of Red Deer open many full moons ago, so we could sell damn wet canola to plant similar US wet corn sold to ethanol. Where are they? Snow here and now it is too wet.

Comment

Francisco no tricks yet. If we had a combine out trying right now, we'd need an excavator to get it back. Dad did manage to do some chisel plowing on winter wheat stubble today, water was coming up out of the ground right behind the shanks as he opened it up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...