• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FUNK ME

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUNK ME

I am so tired of this GD dammed weather. I have spent more time in the liquor store than the elevator this year.
    I would almost welcome 2 feet of snow at least it would be over.
    I just grabbed beer and steaks cause that's the most productive thing I can do.
    Phoning creditors, landlords today but what do you say? I am ****ed because of the weather? I want to turn my phone off and If the weather doesn't turn I can just phone Richie Bros and somebody else can worry about it in the spring cause I am tired of this.
    End of rant

Screw the CWB.

Comment

We had a pretty good run here the last couple of years, little bit of a set back this year.

Always thinking about diversification, but still seem to get best returns from the farm.

I feel for you though, felt pretty crappy all fall harvesting weak crops. But now its time to move on - only thing you can control is your attitude!

Comment

I shouldn't do this, because I'm giving away somebody else's work. But - below is part of Drew Lerner's forecast from this afternoon. It offers some hope. Might keep a few of you out of the Liquor store.....

I've got a feeling in my gut we're going to get this crop yet. Won't be easy or cheap, but way way better than leaving it out all winter.

Be positive! Your family, friends, neighbors, and creditors will like you much better. And YOU will feel better too.

CANADA PRAIRIE WEATHER: Well, it was a very interesting week in the weather
        business and perhaps a stressful one for many of our subscribers. Every once in a while
        the weather gets into modes like it did this week when changes come quickly and it is
        easy to get lost in the shuffle of weather patterns. Overall, weather this past week was
        better than expected. The most grateful news was all of the missed snowfall. It certainly
        looked bad for a few
        days and this
        meteorologist was
        convinced for a while
        that conditions were
        really going to turn
        for the worse, but the
        prayers were coming
        on so strong that
        eventually everything
        changed.
        Today’s
        outlook appears to be
        trending in a better direction whereas last Friday at this time it looked quite different.
        Precipitation biases over the next two weeks look like they will be trending lighter and
        more erratic as time moves along. Some of that prediction comes from short term trend
        changes and some from El Nino. El Nino is really starting to strengthen again and
        sometime in the second half of November we are bound to see traditional warm and dry
        El Nino late autumn and early winter weather biases evolve. Meanwhile, the nearer term
        forecast seems to be caught in the middle with a frequent succession of weak weather
        disturbances marching through the prairie in the coming week with limited amount of
        moisture resulting. Crop moisture will be in decline, although it will probably be lowest
        in the second week of the two week forecast rather than in this first seven days.
        Temperatures should also be trending warmer relative to normal during the next
        couple of weeks. The warmer and drier biases can not come along too soon to get the
        remaining crops harvested. Patience will be a virtue this time around. Our confidence in
        the longer range harvest outlook improving is definitely rising.

Comment

Am i wrong in thinking the last thing we want is a warmup?

Wouldnt straight -10 be better?

Comment

Melt this or keep this dam snow melted would be better and then minus 10. One week of minus 10 with no snow and the crop would all be off.

Comment

I agree melt the dam snow then -10 to -15 and i would get it all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...