• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian dollar

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian dollar

Where do you guys think the dollar is headed in the next two weeks...thks

Must have a dryer to pay for ha ha. I think were going to move ever so close to par. Were strong the US is week its simple Euro has no business getting stronger.

Comment

If it breaks through 90 where going down
      to 85-6. we will see that before we see
      par.

Comment

Market will move in the direction that it hurts the most people. Everyone is thinking par so 90 cents is more likely in short term.

Bottom line depends on what happens in the US next week, with general thoughts on wether the economy is getting better. Australia/China/Japan is down in early trade which if carried over to US tomorrow, will likely mean stronger US dollar. BUT, later in the week Jobless claims data will push it either way. Oil price is also important, but risk trade seems to be more of a determinent to USD values at this time.

Comment

Sorry SK3 no dryer...just looking at selling some feeder cattle.Prices were stronger at the end of the week with the backing up of the dollar.Just thought I see what some agville's were thinking.I also heard that Wheatking ,that the dollar might go down to the 80'ies again.Hard to imagine with the states unemployment and such.Thanks also Dave4441...Good luck to all you grain farmers that we have a weather favorable Nov ahead..Quite a few guys in my area with canola left to go.

Comment

The U.S. dollar will move inversely to the U.S. stock market. If the stock market is strong cash will flow in making dollars in low demand. Strong stock markets will also mean strong oil prices, and that's a strength for our dollar. Strangely enough I think any bad news now in the states will actualy increase the U.S. dollar strength similiar to last year and last week for that matter. SO if you can predict wich way the dow is headed in the next couple of weeks let me know.

Comment

Yes , you are correct. eventually good news will be US positive. We seem close to being in transition. Wed will be important with potential comments from feds about reducing the stimulus dollars in US, which may also strengthen US dollar and drop stocks. Who knows.

Comment

Sorry you are not correct.

Dollar down=stocks up or sideways,but not in purchasing power

The ten year dollar and dow charts confirm this.

In a really dollar panic,like rhodesia,you get the best performing stock market on the planet.

Comment

Pardon me you are correct after a reread.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...