• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Day window of opportunity is here giver ship.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 Day window of opportunity is here giver ship.

Well the next 10 days show some nice weather on way this has got to be our last chance at the crop from hell. Giver ship boys, But i still feel we will have to dry allot of crops north of qu'appelle valley the snow is the problem. So good luck every one. Drew's forecast is good till 10Th environment Canada and Accuweather.

Must be a tough call for guys to either let things dry down a bit or just go.

Comment

It will be ww3 at farm today between father saying go, brother no, hired man what ever and me on fence.

Comment

The days are so short, I think you have to go...just moving to a different field burns a lot of time.

Comment

If it flows, it goes, remember?

Get it off.

Comment

how much have you guys still got to cut?

Comment

240 swathed wheat, still some snow, only plus one today. If weather holds will try Friday. Canola plugging concaves and sieves for others today.

Comment

260 Swathed flax. Got to 5 today, but really muddy yet. Over the inch last week of rain. Heard standing flax yesterday south of Qu'Appelle valley 20% moisture.

Comment

Standing flax at 13. I am waiting and its driving me nuts. No dryer and agpro won't take tough for drying for 10 days. At 13 it will be mush by then.

Comment

23 quarters to go plus 7 custom, their looking for help. HRS testing 18.2 snow only in sprayer track and where lodged were bagging tomorrow. Canola plugging sieves bad.

Comment

Saskfarmer-what did you have left Oct 1? Just trying to get a handle on progress.

Comment

28 dave plus the custom.

Comment

Swathing standing wheat here with crop lifters and still getting some ice chunks in the hopper. It is just barely augering out of the combine but going through the combine OK yet untestable. Did two truck loads today and will hope to finish the 3 quarters over the next couple days will put it into freezer bins. Then on to 12 quarters of canola that still has too much snow in it but should be gone in the couple days. Perhaps the canola will not need as much drying when get there.

Comment

hopper we have snow just on the north side of the swaths and where I turned around in the Canola. The HRS and Oats has a small bit in sprayer tracks and where lodged. Good luck looks good till wednesday.

Comment

wouldn't bank too much on forecasts, this time of year the weather can switch on a dime. just keep given'r

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...