• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB the sky is falling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB the sky is falling

Notice the CWB is back spending my money to promote their perpetuity. Guess when we talk about a gag order it means we gag everytime we here this ad. I can agree that current world trade talks likely offer nothing to canadian producers in terms of trade access.What I don't agree with is the concept that it's alright for Canadian producers to tell you how to market your grain but it's not alright when it comes from out of country. CWB supporters don't want to be forced to change their marketing system but on the other hand it's fine for them to dictate that to others. We will loose government quarentees regardless of current trade talks. So we continue to be forced to stay on a sinking ship. You may all want to drown but for those who don't let us get on the life raft.

Want to see more wasted spending - just look to the bottom of the thread and the comfy chair.

I was in Calgary and everyone said the cwb had developed so many programs it was getting hard to keep track of them all. So instead of getting rid of some programs and people and streamlining - the cwb in their infinite wisdom hire experts to explain them to producers because the pee ons at the 800 number are too stressed out.

Comment

I wonder if this latest campaign is actually legal. I thought the appeal court decision said that the Board was not to spend farmers money promoting the single desk. And I kind of remember Larry Hill saying they would abide by the decision.

Comment

Didn't ja know the rules regulations and law only apply to western farmers.The cwb and their watch dog puppy friends of cwb see to that.Wonder what the friends of cwb and the nfu are going to do now that the cwb is breaking the law and wastefullly squandering farmers money?Your right they will do exactly what they did when the cwb illegally closed the malt barley pool sweet tweet.BTW wonder why we haven't heard anything from the feds on this?

Comment

I giss iffin yous says it enough times, it must be the trut, " wheat board bad, open free markit good." We's kin and want to go it alone out on the farm. Me grain compani friends and railway pals and brokees are poised to help, not hinder ussssss, no more cheetin once the bored is gone! Excuse me LOL's.

Comment

Same goes the other way around burbot! BTW,Canola is still holding it's own even with China blocking imports, nobody can say the same with borg prices as they continue their slide into oblivion. Peas, canary seed, and lentils are starting to move up as of late as well. Open market will pay the bills on 90% of the farms yet again.

Comment

You know burbot if you would open your eyes and put as much thought into what's going on as you put into your hillybilly posts I could tolerate you.

The cwb just made a call for 25% tough and damp cwrs. Not there would be any #1 and #2 cwrs after October but they made the call anyway. As a farmer in the south I am getting fed up with blending off the north's garbage cwrs. They did this so farmers could keep combining and drying at the elevators. Great, Like I couldn't use a little cash flow out of my dry grain. A few years ago the cwb left us hanging when we were having trouble getting grade. Ended up carrying the shit into another crop year.

It must also be nice to take a 3 buck a bushel loss on durum as well. Think about it - The cwb made a special 25% call for cwrs tough and damp for the north but could not see fit to call in the last 25% of the durum in 08-09 so we wouldn't have to take a loss on it. There is probably as much a market for the wet cwrs as there was for the durum. But the north guys got the call, the movement, the grade and the cashflow.

The cwb really does take care of all farmers interests doesn't it?

Comment

Not all the hillwilliams reside in the Nort my fiend friends. There are hillwilliams everywhirrrr. And by the by, tns fer bean such a good fellow, heping, us per folks whit our farmin. Blendin our crap wit yor crap and comin up wit such a gud product. Bet some of yas thought Jorge W.Bush was a good guy toooooooooo!!!!!!!

Comment

Poorbert, how did your negotiation go with the pipeline company?

Did you accept what all your neighbours were taking as a standard rate, or did you dig your Alberta spurs in and go for your own better deal?

It's alright to do that, you know! Except you are such a principled individual, I'll bet you rejected that bigger purse. Wouldn't be fair to the neighbours - right!!! (lol)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...