• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta SPE bushel numbers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta SPE bushel numbers

For those that had this ( in Bushels)
    OK for those of us that had this

LOcked in my Malt at 5-5.50 and then this on top but then I got hailed out mostly ;( But for those that locked in wheat and barley at the same time they were taking the SPE big smiles I should think.

BIG SCORE ON ALBERTA SPE PROGRAM...

Last week in this space, I mentioned the high probability of a substantial payout under Alberta's Spring Price Endorsement program...an option under Alberta crop insurance that insures crop prices. It essentially is designed to help cushion farmers against an unexpected drop in price relative to what was forecast by the government in the spring.

The payout numbers are now out and extraordinary...certainly at levels that will make growers in Saskatchewan and Manitoba envious...and likely amounts to a sizeable price tag for the Alberta government this year.

On barley...the SPE program payout amounts to $1.35/bu, while wheat payouts range from $1.22 to $1.99/bu depending on wheat type, grade and protein. Durum pays a whopping $2.94 to $2.97/bu, oats at $0.89/bu, field peas at $0.54/bu, flax $3.43/bu and yellow mustard $5.95/bu.

These are all on top of what is derived from the marketplace! No payout on canola though.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...