• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats that Sound!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats that Sound!

Its the sound of harvest 2009 ending tonight at 6:06. After three months we are finally finished tonight. Also I know of 10 neighbors that also finished today. Their is two guys left who will be done by Thursday if the weather holds were pulling in tomorrow and finishing the 600 acres on one farm. All canola in last week came of dry and the oats today was testing 12. It was standing and did loose quite a bit from the wind and snow and rain. Sample is still nice. Dryer will be busy with HRS and some canola that was done last Friday and Thursday.
    Yes thank god the weather changed and we were able to get a two week window to harvest this crop. Allot of happier farmers in our area. PS on the Chinese and India with what they are doing and trying to pay but the rest is good really good. Yes you heard it I am happy that the crop is in the bin. Good luck with the rest who have crop out keep giving it your best. Go help a neighbor the clock is ticking. Now on the Chinese with their latest little trick (so much for normal trade) They are driving down the price like they did with soybeans a few years ago. New world marketing yea communist who doesn't care about its people. Hm and we think well get a fair share. Yea just ask Mr Potash how that's working. USA you could read like a book but china its a whole new game.

3000 more acres and we can join in on the celebration.

Comment

"Their is two guys left who will be done by Thursday if the weather holds were pulling in tomorrow and finishing the 600 acres on one farm."

What! Neighbors helping each other out <b>VOLUNTARILY</b>. Without someone threatening to throw them in jail. The Boardies are never going to believe that one.

Comment

We should finish tomorrow also if things hold together. One combine making a bad sample so may have some work to do on that one in the morning, nothing we cannot handle though.
        So how is the huge corporates making out in your area?

Comment

Fransisco I guess that is funny to boarders. They pray with you on Sunday and then prey over you all week. IT's plain BS how most of them think. This neighbor has virtually no crop off we have machines and dryer to help him why not go harvest his crop he has to put diesel in his so whats three more. We will bag it and dry it later if it needs it. I think his oats will be dry or close to dry today. Yesterday was just about the nicest harvest day we had all fall. What a way to end it.

Comment

gregpet giver man giver, if the weather holds you might make it.

Comment

Should be close by the end of the week and then even may get some ditching er landscaping done.

Comment

Cat will be out next week with sc****r doing landscaping. Push on. Tough when harvest four four months then two to three days for fall work. HA.

Comment

Freewheat....how's it goin? I'm going to assume that the lack of your presence on this site means you're on the combine....Hope my assumption is true and you are well on your way. Take care and play safe out there all of you.

Comment

Awesome Saskfarmer Good to hear you are all finishing up!

Comment

Hey everyone! Well here is an update, I started combining nov 6th. Have gone every day since, with one rented machine and my own. Have 30 acres canola left, then 4 quarters of standing wheat and oats. The last two days canola was down to 9.7%. I may yet get this sucker done... I burnt the one combine last night though, and in my blind fear I moved the other one too close to the bush, and kinda ripped off the pickup/wheel, and am working on that right now...

Thanks guys for caring, and good luck to all of you, and congrats to those who are done.

Whats standing crop been for moisture. Like I said my canola was down to just dry, so hopefully it's also maybe dry?

What a potential end to the most stressful year of my life. Thanks again for the help, the kind words, and mostly the caring.

Dale

Comment

Do those of you that are going out to ditch or landscape as you call it have any consideration for those who farm downstream from you. Our area is a closed basin. The water does not leave. Sask. water has left ditching and draining get so far out of hand that after a couple of wet years there are farmers who have lost hundreds of acres of land to someone elses water. You would not take empty chemical containers and throw them on your neighbors land would you? You would not take old junk cars and machinery and put that on your neighbors land would you? So why would you take your water and dump it on your neighbor?

Comment

Freewheat - congrats on what you have finished up.

Accidents happen - hang in there!

Comment

Grrr, are you sure you have a water issue?
                            Or is it something else like:
                            you've both visited each other for years, and drank each others coffee, but now that it's turned wet all over and your pond has expanded like all the ponds upstream, it's the neighbour's upstream water and fault. Now's a good time to tell the neighbour that you've hated their guts for the last twenty years. And if you've hated their guts, well why not file a complaint with the watershed authority.
                            Or is it the neighbour suddenly posted his land, and you've decided there is no way in hell you're going to ask him for permission, even though he'd never turn you down, and has helped you out on lots of things over the years.
                            Or is it that he bought a quarter of land at a price you wouldn't go, but that you really know should be yours, at your price.
                            Or is it that the neighbour has decided that when he sells out, he's going to shop it to European buyers, the Hutterites, or an Indian band, or any one else, and that doesn't sit well with you.
                            Or is it anything else except something that is wet?

Comment

I am totally unaffected by water drainage. As an R.M. councillor though I must represent my ratepayers, some of which farm land that has not been under water in living memory. Land upstream, in some cases 20 miles away has been drained. In some cases ditches are 8 feet deep, some more. 80 acre sloughs in the 1970's are now seeded in the middle of May by one farmer but the guy downstream has lost half his land. Is this right? Is this an O.K. thing to do?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...