• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hahaha 9 year old straightcutting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha 9 year old straightcutting

Finishing the last 10 acres and have the boy cutting it. I am running the table and he is on top of the world. He's going to cover 20 acres to get the ten but its funny as hell. I am going to GPS map this next time. He's pretty good with a swath but this is a new game. This year has been a bitch working full time and harvesting but there are now 2 acres left and I am loving farming/parenting today. He's definately NOT seeding in the spring though.

my 8 year old needs the auto steer for straight cutting or swathing too

congrats on finishing...been a long year

Comment

Rookie drivers! I had a nephew from the big city here when we were cutting barley a few years ago. He couldn't understand why the side of the standing grain was not perfectly straight. So I let him have a turn in the driver's seat for a while.

"I'm gonna straighten this out", he said. It wasn't too long until he had curves and jogs in the barley that were almost enough to make ya dizzy.

Glad to hear that things are getting wrapped up out there.

Comment

As relayed to me, a neighbour's two boys (10 and 6) last fall were driving the loaded tractor-grain cart down the municipal road when approached by the story teller's vehicle. Claims the head of the 10 year old was barely above tbe steering wheel, and the 6 year old was operating the foot pedals. He damn near rolled the cart in the ditch on moving over. Cute is cute, and they all need to learn, but keep those kids on a short leash.

Comment

My 3 year old would love to drive but for now he is on hit the switch for the auger duty. unfortuanlty he never wants to thresh grain just dump it

Comment

Yes Checking I agree. driving equipment on Daddys lap or while he is sitting beside them is one thing. but solo flights on the road is another and how could anyone live with themselves if something bad happened.

Comment

It is not only operating equipment.

Todays equipment starts up with the flick of a switch. Ussually bright coloured and easily accessable. Real eye catcher for young unattended child.

If you are working on machinery and leave child in unit, where they are safe, you are putting your life in their enquiring minds.

Don't trust anyones safety or life to computor wiring.

Comment

My nine year old could not drive straight so he just took the middle of a 24 ft straight cut. Helped the trucking problem, yes he was in my lap.

Comment

A friend of ours has a 6 yr old that has been known to move the combine around the yard. Unfortunately as their confidence builds, they will start doing it without dad in the cab. Please be careful guys...... its cute now, but its an injured kid, or worse yet a casualty of the worst kind.

Our kids will try to do everything we do, so Play Safe.

Comment

oh yeah as someone else mentioned, it only takes the flip of a switch to engage the combine. Maybe the best place for our future farmers are somewhere safe until they really understand what Dad does. That casulty might be ourselves.

Comment

My 13 year old daughter on lap driving the SP swather was a hilarious experience. After about 2 minutes she said "this is too stressful". When she looked back at the zigzag swaths, she just laughed.

KEEP KIDS SAFE.

Comment

Grampa let the ten year old harvest with second combine for 1 hour doing peas strait. The ship hit the fan when we returned with semis. The 10 year old was prouder than proud. Field was flat with very little stones. Grandpa was four passes over always.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...