• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" Can you give me a call? "

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

" Can you give me a call? "

There are few things I find more annoying these days than people whom I'm doing business with leaving the following message on my voice mail.

" Hi, this is -insert-name-here- can you give me a call when you get the chance."

It now seems to be standard business protocol to call people up and not tell them why you called or why you should call them back. This, in my opinion, is just plain rude.

When you do call them back usually you get their voice mail and you have nothing to say because you have no idea why they called in the first place. It's all just a big waste of every bodies time. I've had one such back and forth going on for three days now.

What is so hard about saying, I'm booking canola seed now give me a call if you're interested? Or I've got a good price on fertilizer, or how'd you like to sell some oat's today or whatever the heck it is.

I realize this must be part of salesman 101 these days, that you think you'll better be able to talk me into whatever it is you want to try and talk me into if you can talk to me directly rather than by leaving a message. But here's a newsflash.

You can't.

In fact, you're chances have just gone down. If you can't be bothered to give me even a hint as to why you called, you are now at the bottom of the priority list and I may not be calling back. If I do call back you can be darn sure I'm going to call your competitor next and if he offer's me the same deal he'll get it because he didn't just go out of his way to be annoying and waste my time.

Voice mail can be a wonderful time saving thing. But I'm getting sick and tired of salesman and company reps abusing it.

I feel the same. I think some peoples business and
    social skills have hit a new low with voice mail..

Comment

The other one that's annoying is the lack of emails for information. Not that long ago I used to get a lot of prices via email on a regular basis, now it's down to one company and it's every once and awhile.

Again they want you to call and talk to them one on one like in the days before fax machines and the internet. Which I actually did a lot more of when I got the emails or the fax's.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

Comment

Actually I will go to the other extreme and comment on the number of
          hang ups when the voice mail kicks in. Modern technology in the form of
          caller ID in most cases suggests who it is but that is it for information.

From my side, I don't mind voice mail messages but like a heads up on
          the question/purpose and a best time to reach.

Comment

I don't mind the hang-ups, if a person doesn't leave a message at all then as far as I'm concerned they're not looking for a call back. They just want to BS or chat.

Comment

LOL, Fransico

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...