• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Land Rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment on value refers specifically to food, with the recognition that many of those hidden taxes on grub are on non-eatable items that make it possible to have something to go on top of the barren plate.

But I could say something about GM, if you'd like. It claims to be on schedule to pay us all back. Bunch of losers!

I grew up with a neighbour who decided to build his own air seeder. His time and effort on the task ate him up. He refused to acknowledge that although he saved a few dollars over the cost of a brand model, he lost his shirt, and eventually his farm on the seeding job it would do.

I wouldn't have gone to that extreme, even if I could have manipulated the raw iron. So I sucked it up and paid the tax bite on something that was proven to work. I, now, own the neighbour's farm. I know, I'm selfish.

That example, however 40% plus painful, doesn't mean I automatically go to the manufacturer's distributor sources for the bulk of my farm goods. I've found that Brandon based auctions and e-bay are a means of having someone else pay for the tax bite.

Although, maybe you are in the camp that believes most of the items on e-bay are stolen. I am, therefore, encouraging theft with the vicious cycle then that source goods with their hidden taxes are higher for you.

Do you have a source that says the percent of government allocated budgets that are never spent/wasted ?

Comment

"My comment on value refers specifically to food, with the recognition that many of those hidden taxes on grub are on non-eatable items that make it possible to have something to go on top of the barren plate."

Please explain.

Comment

You're actually a polite fellow. Seldom does anyone ever say "please" on this site.

Your post says you don't find value in providing government funds to automobile makers, CBC, ...etc.

My tunnel vision was on food. Your original organizations' study was on the hidden tax component of food. You believe it to be too high. I believe that even at the level it is, taxes included, food is a bargain in this country and the US. I don't have the same feeling on many non-eatable items. I get around that by buying like new or used in most cases.

Those blueberries I ate didn't just mysteriously appear in front of me. They went through a lot of processes and hands, all of which or whom were taxed by government, and I as end user paid directly or indirectly the bulk of them.

Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't planned.

Comment

Eating a used blueberry just doesn't appeal to me either.

However there is value in barley that has been through the cow once. HA HA

Comment

By the way, that used barley if packaged properly, is worth way more than not used and is taxable on store shelves. Tax value will be higher than original raw barley.

100% steer manure in every way.

Comment

To take your mind out of the gutter wmoebis, I think you need your second morning cup of kopi luwak.

Comment

Instead of chicken eggs, maybe you could put your cooped weasel on a blueberry diet!!!

Comment

North Americans do enjoy some of the most affordable, high quality food in the world. No arguments there, even with the hidden tax's worked in.

The point is, even when you are not being directly taxed on something it is amazing how much tax you still wind up paying. And food is not a luxury or a "sin" like say cigarettes, everyone needs food, it's completely unavoidable. A tax on food, is a tax on living.

And for someone who is just getting by, that 40% on food can mean a lot. How come they don't get to be selfish?

Comment

BTW- I could start calling you names if that would make you more comfortable.

Comment

Sorry for getting way off track but this is too much for GAME DAY.

Would this now be classified as ORGANIC and instead of $50 a cup we could sell for double that?

Comment

Percent gross of your farm to pay rent? Is that it? It is up to you but in my experience in my area the crop share guys have lost a lot. Basically what I have thought of crop share in the past is if you pay the going rate of crop share your paying too much in a good year. If you pay what your legally supposed to pay during the bad year you very screwed but I prefer the F word.

Comment

I was only giving example for my farming area. If you can pay 15 to 18 percent then all the power to you. It would not happen here, and I don't need any more stress from land lords. As far as I am concerned I have the caise coverage that a lot of agrivillers do not believe in but still it is a coverage that is there. Crop share and cash rent are things to think about if your renting. As for caise I think best to cash rent, that is best for the person farming the land.

Comment

Reason being if if you have not clued in is that cash rent will give the farmer higher highs and lower lows and better payments in the long term. So Spock or logic would dictate that two persons growing the same crop all things equal would be the one who takes more govt. funding be the winner.

Comment

The crop share at a % can work for some. I know of a few that use this type of arrangement. If you use the % share, I would suggest a maximum dollar amount to offset the really good years. Some use a minimum dollar share as well to have a floor price.

As for the Agristability, the problem is many producers have not been adjusting their acres for the crop share percentage. Ex 160 acres on a 20% share, the farmer is only farming 128 acres. Structure change calculations get influenced both good and bad depending if the farm change.

Hopper, if you claim to be a supporter of the program (and the program works well from my standpoint for business minded producers), hopefully you take 70-80% crop insurance as an added protection to insure your reference margin.

Comment

Bullshit saskfarmer99, where is the option to adjust acres because a crop share arrangement? There is none.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...