• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Riders!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Riders!

Well the harvest from hell is now past for most and we now turn our attention to grey cup Sunday. Yea thanks giving in the USA was good but man they are suffering. Black Friday was more like leisure stroll Friday. Lots of looking but few takers.
    So our beloved Saskatchewan Roughriders made it to the big game. Well this is one fan who will be cheering on the green and white with a few cold ones and a house full of guests later today.
    Good luck and may the best team win. We all know its Green and White and is Canada's team since for years under the NDP we have shipped off every single open minded resident of this province far and wide.
    GO RIDERS> Go

Still hurting after last weekend but will be sitting in front of the TV with a
    Brewhouse Pilsner cheering the Riders on. Won't be eating watermelon
    though - seems to be a shortage in Alberta.

Comment

Wow its like life you work all your life for something and then its over in 4 seconds.
      WOW>

Comment

Gotta love the Sask math curriculum.

Comment

Oooo - low blow. You have to admit, which ever side
          you were on, this was one of the best Grey Cups ever
          - a bladder buster!!! And people watch the NFL? Why?
          Rockpile

Comment

The "13th" man has won enough games for us so to speak. The odds were against us this time. I guess someone should have explained the phase to our Riders.

Comment

Too bad,not everybody remembers who came in at #2! What a FATAL mistake made by the coaching staff.

Comment

Perhaps a player mistake.... not a coaching error.

When the field goal blocking team .. a special
                team... is assigned, there is an extra lineman.

I think someone not on the "blocking team" didn't
                come off of the field.

We may know more by morning... but the results
                won't change...

Great game... disappointing finish... Bill

Comment

Yea,it will be Montreal who puts their name on the cup,but the riders won the game in my opinion.I feel really bad for whoever made the error to end the game,that will hurt a long time.It was an awesome game to watch,with a disappointing ending.Go Riders.

Comment

The game was a good metaphor for saskatchewan.

Forever slaves to the east.

Comment

We always remember the last play but remember:
                      1. Luca's missed field goal early in the game.
                      2. LaPolice being really cautious running the ball twice with 1 minute to go and not getting a first down deep in our end. The only reason he isn't being questioned is Sakoda kicked a 67 yard punt that Montreal almost fumbled pushing them back to their 35.
                      3. Etchevary's defence rushing only 3 men giving Calvillo lots of time to pick apart SK defence in the last 50 seconds to move 40 yards including a 2nd and 20 where they get 23 yards to Richardson and another 18 yards to some other Montreal receiver.
                      4. 3rd and 3 in the last 2:30. Again, Etchevary doesn't blitz and they get 6 or 7 yards.

We played aggressive all game and then in the last 3 minutes we play a defensive game like when you're up 2 goals late in a hockey game, go defensive and then lose. I hang this one more on the coaching.

Comment

I guess counting to 12 is a problem for those "banjo pickin' in-breds"!

Seriously though, the Riders have a great team, I feel for the players.
                        As far as Rider nation.....I love it, this one is gonna sting for a long time.

Comment

That was a very entertaining game. And you know what, the sun came up this morning! Next year...

Comment

The pain....snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

Comment

On the plus side, the government of Saskatchewan have now announced that all clocks sold in the province will have 13 numbers on them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...