• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Inputs, What are others doing!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Inputs, What are others doing!

By Dec 31st we will have all our anhydrous, Fert and seed and Gylphos at home or purchased. Just wondering what others are doing. Price for fert alone will be $150,000.00 saving. This year it seems to me farmers should pre buy. Watch if the markets take off before the SA crop is harvested the suppliers will come up with every excuse in the book again about why we need to buy. Equipment makers are creating a shortage now by dropping shifts at factory so as to keep inventory low and buyers waiting. Interest rates are low if your going to buy lock in 5 year rate. Just wondering.

Anybody heard any fertilizer quotes?

Comment

Just bought Phos friday. $440 tonne delivered to yard delivery before Christmas. talked to quite a few guys that thought phos was going 2 b stable then when I phoned Fri 440 was best rate with 470 the worst, most around $450.

Comment

Brand names without generics will likely sneak up 2-3% but there are a few new generics this year like horizon that should put downward preasure on that market. Don't pay more than $4/l for low end glyphosate. There will probably be storage creep up on fert as we get closer to spring except for potash, I think those idiots have dug themselves a pretty deep hole, pardon the pun. I'd be more prone to hedging currency or fuel right now though, I think theres 20-30% volatility there.

Comment

Have a semi load of Summer diesel in storage so part way their. Yes any glyphos under 4 buy.

Comment

So far only bought sulpher fines 225 per ton. Not paying for anything before year end will pay after year end. Looking forward to the year my farm can hit the 45 percent tax rate again so will be prepared to advance payments then when that happens. Not talked to any supplier forcing me to pay before year end yet.

Comment

All Phos delivered in July for $435. Most of the farm acres NH3 applied this fall at .26 cents plus delivery. Balance will be purchased when a pre-buy price is given. Sulfur fines spread on all canola acres at $210.

Its none done for tax as we have a non calendar year end. More for securing the product, ease of spring seeding etc

Comment

Sask99 didn't think anyone got NH3 prices then add the delivery anymore. So what is delivery priced at?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...