• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley and Beer in China

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 2006, "Industrial Development Forum, the national beer of raw materials" was planted after the Ministry of Agriculture, Industry Management Department submitted a "beer barley production in China to speed up the proposal," ©U 1, as soon as possible Malting Barley Production in development planning, unified organization of production, guide the healthy development of malting barley industry

Second, increase investment, to barley production and research in national projects.

Including a variety of nationwide screening; modified barley quality standards; advantage of the region to develop a standardized cultivation model.

Third, support the establishment of intermediary organizations and service system to promote the planting order to promote the formation of barley industry, industrial business model.

What a malting barley development needs planning?

30s of last century, China's barley acreage had reached one million mu more than the early 80s reduced to 3000 hectares and has about 1,000 mu.
    At present the development of malting barley in China

The main problem is lack of good varieties, cultivation technology is not superior, product less competitive, industry management, social services, and industrial management lags behind.

But the competitive advantage of domestic malting barley obvious, less investment, higher yields, Crops good, with ecological advantages, manufacturing strength and technological superiority.

Therefore, "China's beer barley production and development planning" were carved out of north-west and north of North China, Northeast China, the Huang-Huai, Southwest, five major advantage of producing the Yangtze River.

"Eleventh Five-Year" period developed into an area of 975 mu, total output increased to 2.85 million tons.

Planning proposals in the "Eleventh Five-Year" period invest 105 billion yuan in building the following items ©U species introduction, breeding and cultivation techniques ensure excellent abridged version of the extension; seed breeding base construction; commodity construction of barley production bases;

Quality Inspection Center and Information Services platform construction.

Plan put forward policy proposals are ©U additional malting barley varieties to promote subsidies; of beer barley leading enterprises of financial discount preferential credit loans; to the introduction of user-made preferential tax policies for malting barley; support malting barley specialized cooperative economic organizations, and promote production and marketing dumplings access

Comment

A little lengthy, but interesting to see what another country has been planning.

Canadian maltsters and farmers are symbiotic partners. Or should be. Let's not forget it. Parsley

Comment

Parsley.... I really have to concentrate to
        comprehend the translation, as mandarin is difficult
        to translate.

Apparently it is even more difficult to learn.

Your posts provide a chronology of the planning
        and policy of beer, barley and malt development
        since 2000.

However the last post seems to summarize the
        current plan..... as proposed by the (copyright) U...
        University?

To summarize... they are proposing subsidies and
        preferential credit for barley production....
        preferential tax policies... support of cooperative
        economic organizations.... promotion of production
        and "marketing dumpling access" !! ???

Are dumplings the malt? ... Surely they are not
        suggesting market dumping as they are in the WTO.

While Canadian farmers and maltsters should have
        a symbiotic relationship, last crop years treatment
        begs some questions.

The Canadian Malting Industry presentation to the
        Western Canadian Marketing Panel was pro CWB
        and, so I have been told, the Minister excluded the
        dual market option in the plebiscite because of the
        Malting Industry lobby.

Hopefully this new found symbiosis is better
        demonstrated!... Bill

Comment

Interesting.

Now, how do I get my noggin to stop hurting? I hit it with a larger hammmer, but it didn't help. Maybe have to try a wider swing.

I thought I saw my last Belarus tractor translated manual in the 1970's!

What's the dumpling recipe? Something good has to come out of reading that.

Comment

I thought it was just me. Wouldn't want to try that after a heavy night of drinking

Comment

Remeber the opium wars when we kicked china in the teeth for a few decades,ya maybe that wasnt such a good idea,hopefully they forgot.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...