• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Earth Farms!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well pars we have a guy not far away I saw last night that supposedly started farming with $28,000,000.00 Dollars. If I look that wiped out from farming shoot me. Just shoot me its not worth it.

Comment

Not set up as a farmer. Lawsy. Take off your damn farmer's boots for once! LOL
      I am talking about acting as a managing director for a foreign-owned colony in your own country,

Comment

Parsley we would only be the low dirt workers. We don't even understand earn in earn out contracts or making a strategic alliance with CaseIH what the hell would that look like? That would be for the likes of Sprott's companies or Larry Rudd or the likes.

Farming can be quite dangerous. Expect some multi million dollar law suits when the accidents start to happen.

Comment

Really.

Take it from me, you are so wrong.Pars

Comment

Don't know where you are going with this parsley.

But I would rather mentor a neighbor's kid and keep him around.

Managing a new gen hutterite colony doesn't appeal to me and I am not sure its the best for the industry.

This seems a quick route back to peasantry/serfdom.

I would much more have a bunch of neighbors working on their farms than a bunch of migrant workers working on one huge one.

Not arguing - just a point of view.

Further I don't really understand governments sponsoring new people into the country to farm when we have a mass migration of our kids out. Why not just sponsor our own and keep them here.They are just as valuable a resource as any foreigner.

Comment

I suppose a Hutterite colony could do that. If fact that is what they are. Could be a job for a Gov't official?
              Where are you going with this? With unemployment rates at what they are in Canada and USA, setting up new colonies of Chinese or Indian? True myself, wishing to retire soon, skilled in crop production could probably earn 80 grand in a profit share arrangement as I can work my ass off and manage at the same time, but naa. I would rather rent out to a Canadian with roots here.

Comment

"This seems a quick route back to peasantry/serfdom"

No kidding. That's long term thinking, though.

You obviously have an allegiance to the country and the people. Managers who think this way, turn down offers.

But, some managers with farm and land knowledge have ZERO allegiance
                to ANYTHING OR ANYONE except their own bottom line. And they have the potential to change our lives as we know it, forever. IMHO.

Our finacial institutions are not focused on Canadian building companies; rather, they concentrate on selling the companies we have.

Firms head officed in other countries, but with a phonecall office here, transfer their profits out of Canada before they become taxable in Canada.

The farm community is very vulnerable, as I see it.

Productive land is a jewel in the rest of the world. Plain old ordinary land to build a city on is too, but land with combined attributes, well, that kind of real estate just is too good to pass up. Pars

Comment

Hopper

I don't know you but it just doesn't seem to me you were wired for working your ass off for someone else's profit.

If your ass is on the line I suspect you would want a good piece of the profit.

All risk, no reward. Lets both jump in.

Comment

The proposition starts like this: "And how much money do you want? We can work soemthing out"

Comment

Look at executive pay. It starts at five hundred thou, and adds bonuses and options and goodies from there up

Comment

Well Hopper, coming from an FBC client, your comments make sense. FBC does not have to follow any standards so if Larry had come from there, your comments would be true.

As for a professional and a member of a professional organization, any records he may have worked on are confidential. And as far as sharing data, not true, not possible and even more after the great privacy rule act introduced.

Comment

What privacy rule are you talking about mister 99 the rule that he can use your farm financial info as long he does not tell anyone else that is specifically yours?

Comment

But jeeze Pars one might have to manage 50,000 or more acres for that, like sask3 says, shoot me first.

Comment

Who do you deal with 99? Fraud computor check in order?

Comment

Parsley

$500,000 isn't enough to live without neighbors. You really can't put a price on having someone to coffee with and not worry about the timeclock or your next appointment or some dumbass that just wrecked something.

Just my opinion. Still a bit old school.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...