• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Earth Farms!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who am I you ask, I've told you before.

Just a grain farmer in the far east of Saskatchewan with a good operation and attitude.

I really don't know how financial benchmarks are going to be the benefit of One Earth to the extent you are dreaming of.

Anyone, including you Hopper can access all kinds of live benchmark data on websites all over canada. Alberta Ag Websites are full of this information. Stat's canada, provincial crop insurance agencies, and the Agristability programs are loaded with benchmark/margin data.

And even if he did have specific client data, so what! The task at the board room table is to high the right managers to handle the day to day operations, HR issues etc. There biggest challenge is "getting the job done"

We are seeing this all over the prairie provinces where as the farms grow in size, we need a manager for the operation as we can't handle it all. We kinda do it on our farm, a family member I might add, but he has defined roles and responsibilities that he must be accountable.

In the last few weeks, there have been numerous adds in the West Producer, looking for farm managers. Its no different for any other business, and its happening in Ag more now then ever.

Comment

Sask99 My twin I agree on our farm we have three of us that have a responsibility. One is equipment maintenance in the summer marketing grain winter. Other is banking and purchasing, other is cleaning and drying etc. Some years we switch to learn what the other guy did. Just our farm doesn't have a fancy name. But here is the point of all of this a corporate group will not be out their at 2 in the morning to get the harvest done. A corporate group will not on this scale get it all harvested at 9 moisture canola etc. and know every single bag or bin. History has shown the hardest place in the world to grow grain is northern Canada and Russia. This isn't no Brazil like these guys are dreaming from eastern Canada.
      Simply we will all watch this unfold. Its going to be interesting to say the least. But search and follow the paper trail of all of the partners.
      A money man with ties to mining. Reserve sits on large deposit of potash.
      Liberal who was perceived to have a in with native bands.
      Liberal with shipping line.
      Liberal ties to accounting firm.
      ETC ETC>
      This is a eastern BBC (billionaires boys club) who thinks they know better than us farmers all i say is good luck guys. good luck. But don't screw the natives with your plan. we have been paying for those deeds for years.

Comment

You surely don't think they will keep the land and farm it.

Comment

What's old fashioned? LOL

How about you wake up one year and find your all your new neighbors within a fifty mile circumference come from North Korea, and few of the homesteaded farmers are left?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...