• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parsley & Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley & Durum

Most reasonable thinking people can easily see how bad a job the board has done on Durum this year.

Parsley posted again on the 5th about the Informa Economics report that shows $450,000,000 to $628,000,000 PER YEAR that we would have in our pockets without the board in the way.

It's not just Durum that they are screwing up - It's every crop.

And our Ag Ministers continue to do nothing about it.

I make a phone call every couple of months to both MP's offices(David Anderson and Gerry Ritz) and basically bitch about how things are and give them a couple of suggetions to fix the problem.

Now when most people in influential positions, who are to have the power to affect/effect change agree that the ideas are sound and should be acted on, do nothing it really begins to wear on a person. One begins to wonder who the puppet masters are in Ottawa.

Nothing changes - makes me start to think of running for federal politics.

I don't like being just a vote for the conservatives when they promised so much more.

Comment

Don't underestimate the money the Fed. Cons. have made in western Canada in the years around the last election. Demand now, don't give any money.

Comment

Well if western separatism has ever had an economic chance it would be now.

Comment

Bucket, Did you ever ask Ritz and Anderson for export licences?

Comment

No, not directly, but I did ask them to give me the freedom to market my product on the amount that the cwb says they can't sell.

For instance when the cwb accepts only 60% of the A series 08/09 durum the other 40% is mine to do with it as I please NOT have the cwb control it into a lower priced pool of the 09/10 crop year.

I don't enjoy the cwb system but when the politician have no balls to change things you have to look for other solutions. BTW not only do politicians have no balls to change things neither do the anticwb people at the board table of the cwb. Its quite depressing.100's of thousands wasted on puppets.

I think, by allowing farmers to market the left overs the cwb (unfortunately) still remains viable while farmers generate cashflow. In time if they don't start marketing properly famers just quit contracting with them. Maybe a slow painful death.

Comment

"Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it"

My observation is that since the Conservatives became government, they have tried to implement what the "anti-monopoly" people have asked for.

Without the captive supplies of producer grain, the CWB system (including the companies) will have to change. Export licences for producers ends the CWB control over the captive supplies. The CWB understands this. I don't know why farmers don't.

Asking Ritz to tinker with CWB operations and director elections will only lead to years and years of the same.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...