• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon AG Days next week!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they both are expensive

Comment

The blue stripper was pretty sexy. Talked to a farmer bragging about her in flax she latches onto any combine head easily and works hard with no compaining but when we got to the field she was leaving just about as much on the ground as in the hopper. She didn't get any of my money. Left good flax stubble for planting. No need to harrow or burn.
      Ag guy the blue stripper is sale able after your done with her.

Comment

Not speaking from experience ... but been told that anytime you combine stripper and head -it is said to get really expensive. It becomes more rare and therefore more expensive if barn swallows are involved.

Comment

I seen the stripper header when it first came out doing tests down in south dakota. It left the wheat stubble 3 feet high so thats another thing to deal with after. I think it's along the same line of the stationary haverster where you place it in your yard and bring the crop to it somehting like the old thrashers. They are a great idea but just not practical for most farmers. Although they have sold some . Sometimes there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

Comment

OK I cannot walk across the yard without wondering what barn swallows have to with stripper or header. Or was it just one too many vodka.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...