• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busy Drying Grain!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy Drying Grain!

Ah the sweet smell of steam coming off the dryer. Cough Cough Spit. Crap a good way to catch a cold. Two bags of HRS harvested in early Nov. Went in at 18.9 taking to town at 11. Trying hard to get it only down to 14.5 but in one hour. Finally yesterday every thing worked like it suppose to. Dryer company good on phone real shitty owners manual. Sask power is the joke. Pst at us for how our yard is lay-ed out. Worried that we will blow main breaker on box. The dryer is using less power than the cleaning plant that's been here for years. I think they like the steam.
    Also doing one bag from Sept that was immature but we harvested it its 19.2.

What are you paying for Propane?

Comment

Heritage here was charging me 54.9 on the same day fill that Low cost quoted me a 47.9 price. I am trying to switch to Low Cost but seems not as good a service. Co-op way out to lunch.

Comment

Will know on monday he is filling our tank tonight.

Comment

Saskfarmer3,

How is the grain looking that is coming out of the bags? I have considered bagging tough wheat in the past, but never ever did try it.

In particular, how is the immature wheat looking that was bagged tough real early on in your harvest. Lots of years I have immature wheat that is not quite cured yet, that I would love to bag and hopefully maintain a good grade before the fall rains or frost come. Been to scared to ever try it.

TIA

Comment

Grain is grading a two after drying but mixing will get it up to 1 at local elevator. Drying it from 18.8 to 14.8 and is still holding its color. Now this year it sat through a month of rain then hot then really cold still looks good. Loads from bagger Semi in 18 min or less. green kernels dry down. I would do it again any time.

Comment

Are you blending with your grain or the elevator.

Its not hard to blend with the crop western canada produced this year but on a more normal grade pattern year,it might not be so easy.

The cwb has been screwing the guys in the south by stealing their high quality grain - nice color, great protein, no price. Then on a year like this the proteins are lower so they give it away because they are blending it with all that crap taken off in october/november. I am too stupid to figure this out but why do you think the cwb made that extra 25% on tough and damp grain a month early. They lowered the grade to justify their incompetence.

Sorry bit off topic but the blending thing made me think a bit.

Comment

No were giving them 100000 bus of HRS they have to deal with 36000 of 2 with the rest. On a normal year if its still a 2 with high protein I can live with that.

Comment

Bucket the stuff taken off in Nov that was standing will probably grade just under yours its not crap. Anything swath is pure shit but standing and immature at time of Oct crappy weather came out OK. Hey.

Comment

Right, but in a normal year how would that turn out - a freeze in september followed by a shitty october - how would it grade if it was combinied in november?

You also have to remember the graincos know thee is a lot of good number 1 (85% of the crop) so blending is not as hard as normal years. Obviously they value you as a customer. Good story.

Comment

Saskfarmer3,

Thanks for the info on how your bags are unloading.

I think that the grain bagger could be an excellent tool for harvesting early in the year, when conditions are not ideal.

Most years the grain companies do not care if you haul tough grain in march-july, because that is when every one else is hauling their dry stuff.

Wonder if 17% wheat would store as well as 19-20% wheat?

Sure is nice hauling out of grain bags. Very, very fast loading the truck and almost nothing to shovel.

If only someone could sell a machine to roll up the empty bags that only costs $2000 or less.

Comment

Saskfarmer3 What factors made ir a #2. Was it factors from storage, desease or growing environment?

Comment

Low cost just sold to me for 54.9, was it my big mouth? Hate to ask what Heritage is at now. According to the truck driver there is a lot of heated grain grain drying going on. Could this be support for Canola?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...