• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emptying grain bag without unloader?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emptying grain bag without unloader?

I sold a bag of wheat to a neighbor who will pick it up as he needs it. I dont want to rent an extractor 5 times so what is the second best way to unload? I have a grain vac, auger, and drag auger. Do I have to vac the whole thing or will the drag work without wrapping in the plastic? (unload with the auger and drag from the side in 20 foot sections).

The grain vac works great at the beginning but don't get it close to the sides. Many people say the auger is the best for the sides. I would rent him the unloader.

Comment

yeah but I dont have an unloader so I would have to rent it, and he will take the grain over 5 or 6 weeks so it would get pricey

Comment

Grain vac nozzles don't work well around all the plastic, make a slotted tube like REM have with their vac.( they call it the Sweep) Sweep the face of the pile and always leave a small pile of grain on each edge of the plastic, a push broom will easily slide that bit left forward on your next swipe. Careful with snow on boots walking onto the plastic can be very slippery. Not perfect but it works well with two guys.

Comment

Could probably load it out with a front end loader if you put a piece of slit plastic pipe over the bucket edge and your loader can lift high enough to clear the truck.

If loader does not lift enough, you could build a box that you dump into and it feeds your auger.

If you have an auger with a sp mover, you could build some kind of slider for the end of the auger (so it does not puncture the plastic) and keep moving the auger around to get most of the grain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...