• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB loses

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB loses

From Supreme Court Docket 33334:

"Decision on the application for leave to appeal, Bi F Cha, The application for leave to appeal from the judgment of the Federal Court of Appeal, Number A-446-08, 2009 FCA 214, dated June 23, 2009, is dismissed with costs.
    Dismissed, with costs"

After over 10 years of falsely claiming farmers now control the CWB, the CWB started to believe its own propaganda. Compounding their mistake were a number of cases they won in the lower courts based on their propaganda. But you don't go to the Supreme Court fighting stautes with propaganda.

This is what they told the Supreme Court:

"In 1998 Parliament amended the Act ... to transfer a significant degree of control over the CWB from the federal government to western Canadian wheat and barley farmers"

"As a result of the FCA's [Federal Court of Appeal] decision, the questions have now become whether the farmer's control of the CWB established by the Act is real or illusory"

"the FCA's decision deprives producers of any real control over the CWB"

The CWB has always been under the control of the government. The 1998 amendments only changed the management from government to farmers.

It will be interesting to see the Wheat Board's spin.

Comment

I dont ****ing care. I give up. The CWB won. Farming sucks ass. Burbert call me and I will buy you a beer. Money=Good Farming=Bad I am the 4th generation of slow learners but I am not that stupid. I am done. FTW

Comment

The important point from this is that the government is in control as long as they don't exceed what the Act says.

The Act allows the granting of export licences, which means those who can get licences are OUT OF THE MONOPOLY.

THE GOVERNMENT CAN ORDER THE CWB TO GRANT EXPORT LICENCES TO PRODUCERS.

Comment

Ever notice the cwb never posts a loss on their website. Any time they lose at court farmers hear nothing about it.

Instead they come out with shipper awards for a news item.

Typical liberal politics.

Will the cwb come out with some crying how the courts don't know anything and they are above the law.

They lost. The supreme court does not want to waste its time on this dad/son court case. "Daddy won't give me my way even though he's on the hook for my mistakes". Its idiotic. And yet we pay.

Comment

You're right Bucket. Keeping information from farmers is an important part of CWB propaganda.

As an example, the most important CWB legislation was made in 1947 when the national licencing requirements were added to the CWB Act. This created an export/import tax on all wheat and flour so that the government could set a domestic price independent of world prices. This national Part IV remains essentially the same today.

However, if go to the CWB site - about us - history, you will see that it has been omitted. This is how they gloss over it from their web-site this morning:

"Wheat futures trading was suspended in 1943 in the conditions of wartime and deliveries to the CWB became compulsory.

In 1949, Parliament amended the Canadian Wheat Board Act to extend the CWB's marketing responsibility to encompass oats and barley"

This was no accidental miss.

Incidently, over the years, the government has used Part IV to set domestic wheat prices sometimes below, sometimes above, and sometimes the same as world prices. Now, since NAFTA the domestic prices are the same as world prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...